RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Roof Racks
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Roof Racks

I don't want to fit the LR load carrier system to the roof of my Sport as once it is there then it is there for ever! Has anybody found any crossbars or roofracks that will fit without fitting the rail system?
Has anybody got the LR system and what do you think of it? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #5995 Sun Nov 27 2005 10:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AC

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Tim,

I have asked the same question myself. I was able to get the installation instructions from the web and determined not only that it is a job I could handle, but that removing the roof rails is also manageable in a matter of minutes. Each rail is held down with 3 screws. I am not speaking from experience as I have yet to purchase the rails and rack. This is based on my interpretation of the diagram I studies closely.

By removing the rails, there will be 3 holes on the rail covers but in my opinion, it's better than leaving them on if you'll be using them a few times a year like me.

Nonetheless, I am interested in any other responses. AC

Post #6035 Mon Nov 28 2005 12:23am
bgreig

United States 
I have the factory rack

I had the roof rails and cross bars installed when I bought my truck. The cross bars are easy to remove when not in use: unlock each side and slide to the middle where a slot allows removal. Land Rover provides sleeves for storage. The roof rails are unobtrusive, in my opinion, when the cross bars are removed. Thanks,
BGreig

Post #6712 Fri Dec 02 2005 12:24pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Cheers BG. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #6732 Fri Dec 02 2005 3:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1