RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > First try with new Zaino polish
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
First try with new Zaino polish

I've been using Zaino products for many years now so I've come to expect some good results. But I just tried Sal's newest invention and I have to say the results are impressive. When they say a "wet shine" they mean it. I took several photos but none really do justice to the real thing. The stuff is pretty expensive, but only very little is used on each application. It is also very easy to apply. Terrific stuff Very Happy

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #66013 Sun Nov 12 2006 12:34pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Singletrack it looks really good, do you do home call-outs? How come you have Java paint with Zambesi sills - have you had a paint job done on them????
Can we have a full side view please. Or if you are shy to show us it, then could you PM one to me please 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #66015 Sun Nov 12 2006 12:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Singletrack

Not too shy...since you asked. The grills and gills are colour-coded from CarStyle - I'd love to have the door handles done also...but my wife likes them the way they are. Crying or Very sad It was my last chance until spring for photos with the Stormers on as I am taking it in to have winter tyres fitted on the 19" wheels tomorrow - Stormers will be safely stored.

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #66019 Sun Nov 12 2006 3:10pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Very nice, Singletrack... it's a great looking car when it's all nice and shiny, the RRS. Not that I'm regretful in the least Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #66025 Sun Nov 12 2006 6:41pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh as I thought, it was the sunlight on the door spoilers, they aren't painted Zermatt/Zambesi after all, phew................ Looks great single 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #66034 Sun Nov 12 2006 7:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Very nice singletrack!!!

What is the new product, have I missed something?

Do miss having a black car sometimes as you don't get the same effect on silver Crying or Very sad

Post #66037 Sun Nov 12 2006 8:19pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

that looks fantastic - can I ask what the full process was?

Post #66039 Sun Nov 12 2006 8:32pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Kaine have a look on Zaino.com.
It lists the full process (although you will not need to clay bar)
It is great stuff, have been using it for a couple of years now and have found an American supplier who will ship over here at a better price than the sole UK distributor Wink

Post #66045 Sun Nov 12 2006 8:49pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Cliff H wrote:
Kaine have a look on Zaino.com.
It lists the full process (although you will not need to clay bar)
It is great stuff, have been using it for a couple of years now and have found an American supplier who will ship over here at a better price than the sole UK distributor Wink

Cheers Cliff - I was just confirming exactly what singletrack had done tbh. I use Mequiars myself, usually getting similar results however have to use a claybar too to really make the wax shine up - seems like its all the same 9 hour process then Sad

Kaine

Post #66047 Sun Nov 12 2006 8:59pm
Singletrack

As the car is still new - no need to clay bar...that will come in the spring. So far I have used Z2 Pro - about three coats, alternating with Z6. Yesterday was a regular wash with Z7, then a coat of Z6 followed by the Grand Finale product. What impressed me is that the GF completely took out some minor abrasion marks I had on the rear bumper and left an incredibly wet finish.

Generally, it takes me about 30 minutes to wash, 15-20 for Z6 then another 15-20 for the GF. If I'm applying Z2 Pro, with the accelerator agent, then it's about 15 to apply - wait about an hour and 15 to polish off, followed by Z6.

I use 100% cotton towels (de Wit Litaer) to dry and polish, and a micro fibre applicator sponge.

I'm only happy if, when you run your hand over the finish, it feels like glass. Very Happy

I get my products through a guy in Germany although I have a friend in Canada who's offered to bring some over as he makes regular business trips to Brussels. We have him bring maple syrup and peanut butter instead. Laughing 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #66058 Mon Nov 13 2006 7:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1