RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Spotted > Zambesi Silver HSE in the car wash.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost
Zambesi Silver HSE in the car wash.

Zambesi Silver HSE pulled into the car wash / valet in front of me this afternoon in Halesowen.

Very posh private plate.

First time I've used that car wash but they did a brilliant job. All for seven squid. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #65794 Fri Nov 10 2006 5:02pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The Africans that Jay uses in Luton did my car last week and it is still sparkling despite a long motorway haul and all the wet weather we have had up here the last couple of days. I don't know what they added to the hand wash mix but it was good stuff. It's the first time I've put a car through a rotary brush wash (it was a hand wash followed by the conveyor type IMO/ACS thing) but is sure was good swag in the waxing section! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #65832 Fri Nov 10 2006 6:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

I must admit I use these drive in car wash places whenever I am feeling too lazy to do the job myself. Which happens more and more during the cold wet winter months.

But I wouldn't fancy going through one of the IMO car wash tunnels.

This one was purely soap spray, jetwash and wash mitts with detailed wheel clean. Once they had jetwashed the soapsuds away they sprayed the car with wax, and then jetsprayed the car off again before using a proper shammie leather to dry her off, non of these plastic blades to scrape the excess water off first. They even dried the door jams and tailgate opening. Once all this had been done they polished the outside glass surfaces to get rid of any remaining smears. And painted the tyres with 'tyre black' to complete the job.

Top marks. Even RRUK would have been impressed with the service. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #65841 Fri Nov 10 2006 7:16pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

yeah i use these drive in places every now and then.. cheap and cheerful..
but never use them if i want it dried.. once i did this and they did a good job don't get me wrong, but as soon as i drove off, all the water sitting in the side mirror housing ended up all down the side of the car, over the windows etc.. plus the kid drying the car, had a bum bag on for the cash, and the zips of this were coming far too close to my paintwork for my liking.. so just ask them to wash the excess dirt off and just blast it with water, tyre shine me, then drive off nowadays.. don't want them touching my car anymore then necessary really.. same as any other Censored on the street really..

Post #65844 Fri Nov 10 2006 7:21pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The one in Dunstable has a hot air blow drier which got rid of every drop of water, even from the wing mirror casings, but I still use the local powerwasher service centre who do a good side line in hot jet washes - £5 for a 4x4, and it doesn't matter how dirty it is either, they still charge a fiver, so that is where my 90 goes after a weekend of mudlarking and offroading. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #65847 Fri Nov 10 2006 7:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1