Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > P400 HSE - What to look for
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

hsdhiman

United Kingdom 
P400 HSE - What to look for

Hi All
New member here and looking to buy p400 from land rover as approved used. Few questions I have if any body can provide bit of an insight to it.

1. I only will be doing 5-6k miles a year, hence petrol version as heard/read diesels wont be good for this kind of low mileage and more town driving than motorway as DPF could be a nightmare. Does the petrol version has similar problem? GPF clogged?

2. I know the economy will be less than SDV6 or D300, but would it be possible to achieve around 25mpg with mixed driving? SDV6 wont be miles better I assume

3. Any long reliability problems I should be aware of? Should i be getting extended warranty from dealer for the following year as well? I heard they can add second year warranty at half the price?

Any thoughts/suggestions will be very helpful. First time buying RR Sport and bit nervous due to all those horror stories.

Its a 69 plate P400 with 37k miles am looking to get

Thank you

Post #641140 Fri Apr 12 2024 9:30am
SpiderPig

United Kingdom 

My impression is that reliability is generally better in the newer models. Be aware though that many people come to the internet to report problems, so that's how the bias leads - there's an awful lot of people out there who are perfectly happy with their cars.

An approved used car from LR should be ok. You'll get a year's worth of warranty with that and JLR are normally pretty good at respecting that.

However, paying out for warranty is a lot like paying out for pet insurance - it's a fairly large expense for something you may not need - it's probably more worth while to pay that money into a fund you hold rather than pay money to someone else (and you'll never see that money back if there's no work needs doing).

37K seems a decent mileage for a 69 plate, so the car should be in good nick. Obviously, do whatever inspecting you can before making an offer, but keep in mind that some niggles only get discovered after owning the car for a few weeks. JLR should be fine about rectifying these. 2021 P400e Autobiography

Post #641141 Fri Apr 12 2024 10:11am
hsdhiman

United Kingdom 

Thank you for replying.
I am of the same opinion that a properly serviced car should not have too many reliability problems.

What are your thoughts on petrol vs diesel version for this kind of mileage. Appears you have P400E so the mpg will be different to P400

Post #641146 Fri Apr 12 2024 1:30pm
SpiderPig

United Kingdom 

The hybrid is a bit different as many of my trips are local, so I use electric for many of them, I'm therefore getting roughly 35.5mpg (700 miles for a 90ltr tank).

Servicing of course can be done anywhere you want - the warranty won't be affected as long as LR parts are used for any replacements and fluids are JLR approved in nature. 2021 P400e Autobiography

Post #641148 Fri Apr 12 2024 2:52pm
hsdhiman

United Kingdom 

OK Thank you

Is GPF blocking an issue on petrol cars?

Post #641149 Fri Apr 12 2024 3:22pm
SpiderPig

United Kingdom 

No, GPFs are typically not prone to clogging and don't need any special driving behaviour to maintain.

Further reading:

https://www.krosfou.co.uk/blog/72_all-you-...-cars.html 2021 P400e Autobiography

Post #641150 Fri Apr 12 2024 3:28pm
hsdhiman

United Kingdom 

Thank you for valuable information SpiderPig. Much appreciated

Wondering if many people own the P400 version on this forum

Post #641151 Fri Apr 12 2024 3:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1