RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > L494—Report on first year of ownership (Year-5 Update)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Three-Six Charlie

England 

Time for my third annual update. MOT passed with no advisories (3rd time in a row) and yet another year of zero faults. Due the retirement of Holgate, this year's service was with The Lanny Man in St Helens. Very impressed and would recommend them- seems they have inherited a lot of ex-Holgate customers. They'll certainly be getting my custom for next year's biggie- the 10-year service and transmission oil & filter change. I like this car as much now as much as I did on the day I got it, which is saying something as I do tend to get itchy feet and yearn to try something different.

The decision not to renew my warranty after the first year of ownership has paid off, though I certainly wouldn't have taken this decision if it had been a 3 ltr diesel. Talking to the Lanny Man after he'd finished the service and he mentioned he's already done three snapped crank engine replacements this year. 2013 L494 5.0 SC in Chile Red

Post #622846 Tue Mar 15 2022 10:06pm
rjwojcik

United Kingdom 

Great write up, glad yourstill enjoying it.

Post #622848 Tue Mar 15 2022 11:32pm
Punkawallah

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Adriatic Blue

Great to hear yours is still going well after 3 years in your ownership. I’ve just swapped my 14 SDV6 for a 13 5.0 s/c and despite the crazy fuel prices at the moment I cannot stop smiling. Mine’s also an ex LR management car and I think has identical options to yours - ie everything apart from side steps (thank god!) and towbar which I would have liked.

Now get yours remapped like I did last week Cool 2013 L494 V8 s/c Autobiography Dynamic

Post #622867 Wed Mar 16 2022 7:58pm
Three-Six Charlie

England 

Four happy years of ownership now, still with zero faults. Just had the 10-year service (including replacement flexible brake hoses) gearbox flush and oil replacement and MOT (no advisories) done by Lanny Man in St Helens- whose services I can thoroughly recommend.

It's unusual for me to keep a car for more than 4 years, but can't think of anything that could replace it, apart from another RR, but why replace something that's working so well.

2013 L494 5.0 SC in Chile Red

Post #631849 Wed Mar 22 2023 9:45pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Always good to hear good news stories. Most people still harbour this idea that they're all unreliable when the truth is that they don't have to be - one just needs the right people looking after them. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #631856 Thu Mar 23 2023 1:00pm
Three-Six Charlie

England 

Five years now and still loving it. No breakdowns/problems, though I have had to replace front and rear anti-roll bar bushes and although the bushes themselves were cheap enough, the labour costs were fairly excruciating. I suppose I can't really complain as in three months, it will be an eleven-year-old car and everything wears out eventually. Apart from a new battery when I first got the car, this is the only expense apart from routine service and maintenance.

Have been toying with the idea of replacing it with a low mileage 2017/2018 FF SV AB Dynamic, but my other half wanted a new kitchen, which has wiped out two-years-worth of savings, so I think it's going to be a case of 'if it aint broke, don't fix it,' and it will be with me for a few more years now. 2013 L494 5.0 SC in Chile Red

Post #640230 Thu Mar 07 2024 9:56pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If all you've had to pay for is some ARB bushes plus routine stuff, then I reckon you've got an absolute peach there. Definitely worth keeping it. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #640234 Thu Mar 07 2024 11:17pm
SpiderPig

United Kingdom 

I'm very happy to see a thread like this and glad that you've had a good few years of trouble free driving.

I've had a FL2, L322 (still my absolute favourite car, but far too large for my wife), and an Evoque.

Since the Evoque, I've had a Macan (marvellous car, loved it) and I'm currently trading in my XC60 T8 for a 21 plate Autobiography Dynamic.

I'm buying mine from a main dealer - 1 pervious owner and main dealer serviced, so should hopefully be a good one.

In the past, I've been plagued by problems with my LR cars, but this has mainly been due to the lack of decent work done at my local dealer (one particularly joyful time when they neglected to replace the oil sump plug and had to be trailered away from the office car park after spewing oil all over the motorway).

I have a good local indy here, so here's hoping for as much trouble-free motoring as you've had!

Post #640384 Wed Mar 13 2024 12:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12