RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > DPF Actuator failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Chips

England 
DPF Actuator failure

Anybody else got an issue with the actuator on the dpf filter on a d300. Engline light came on about 6 weeks later so LR assist came out and diagnosed the above.He reset the fault and light stayed off in the main , occasosionally coming on but then going out again. LR said it's fine to drive and booked it in for repair in Mid April as this was the soonest they could do.

Car will be 3 years old on the 19th of March so booked it in for MoT with LR today as we're driving down to Alpe D'Huez on Monday but only to be told it will fail the MoT if the engine light is on. So the only way to keep the car legal for our ski trip was to not put it throught the MoT !

But we still have a problem when we return as MoT will run our on the 19th and car not in for repair for another month, I have extended the warranty to be safe but not added LR Assist. Given that the fault was diagnosed prior to LR assist expiring does this mean they will be obliged to put us in a similar car until they can repair the fault and thus get it road legal again with a MOT. The reason I say similar car is because we have a disabled daughter andneed a car of this size to fit our daughters wheel chair and equipment in the boot.

Also what happens if we breakdown abroad when we will still be under LR assist cover. Do they just recover you to a local garage or do they supply a courtesy car for the remainder of your trip and travel home ? The LR garage was unable to answer these questions as it's a weekend but she did think they had someone break down in Milan and was able to have a courtesey car and just leave it in the UK on their return MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #640281 Sat Mar 09 2024 2:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1