Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Multiple Yellow warning light illuminated at once
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Datsun770

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Multiple Yellow warning light illuminated at once

Hello all

Further to my cruise control post. Week 3 of ownership and I've had a catastrophe.

While pulling out of a junction today I got a host of warnings, and felt a loss of power akin to a blocked fuel filter when it dropped and came back and allowed me to enter the road.

1. emergency brake assist not available
2. stability control not available
3. gearbox fault
4. park brake fault

And like I said the vehicle seems to lose power as you drive.

Stop car. Turn off then on and warnings dissapear but what remains is the loss of power and the lights appear again under load (usually at a junction slowing down or speeding up)

I got it scanned and there are a host of communication codes (don't have the codes to hand) for various electrical components.

It does suggest the vehicle is low on fuel which the gauge doesn't indicate and also advises to replace fuel filter. The codes took around 10 minutes to read all modules.

When I went to move the car for the tech, the vehicle indicated that the battery was low, and to start engine. This went away and hasn't come back.

I am going to change the fuel filter tomorrow, but wondered if anyone has had these all come on suddenly before and can share what else to Try

I've only been doing short trips recently and may r the battery is low, or dying, so might replace that and get alternator checked, bit would that cause these specific issues?

Any thoughts welcome guys.

Thanks

Post #640219 Thu Mar 07 2024 6:14pm
Datsun770

Oh and I should say I considered ride height sensor being a cause as the front left wheel does always seem higher than the rest on the display, ever so slightly but no codes for this on the scan at all. I do also have to confirm ride height when I start vehicle after the errors are thrown up and the ride drops to access height when the errors are thrown but returns when started. Some mornings I hear the cinoressor kicking in for a minute, but figured that was normal. Again another reason I thought maybe battery dying or something causing a drain or lack of charge.

Am I being optimistic?

Post #640220 Thu Mar 07 2024 6:23pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Earth points in front wheel arches

Not a 494 Embarassed

Start with fuel filter, or a fault code read Thumbs Up

Post #640225 Thu Mar 07 2024 8:20pm
Datsun770

You reckon?

I should also add, just in case, that I got 4 brand new tyres fitted on Monday and the black circles fitter left a lot to be desired leaving car jacked up for 90 minutes at front with 2 trolley Jack's. Complained to black circles....took 2 hours to fit 4 tyres as they were washing cars in the adjacent car wash instead of working on my vehicle 🤣🤣🤣 so wondered if a wheel speed sensor was gone but the loss of power and gearbox warning got me thinking it may not be electrical.

Post #640226 Thu Mar 07 2024 8:26pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

I assume the black circles chimp put it into off-road ride height before jacking it up so as not to screw up the airbags or height sensors?

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #640268 Fri Mar 08 2024 11:00pm
Datsun770

To be fair he seems to have at least done that as thisnwas the mode it was in when it was ready albeit I expected it to be in jacking mode.

I did read a bad ride height sensor can cause these issues but I woukd have expected the issues to arise straight away and not a few days later.

So I don't have the codes to hand but there were a hostt of codes for the key/ignition, fuel level low when it's not, low battery when battery appears good, to name but a few. Nothing for the suspension at all.

My indy has tested the alternator and battery all good ge says. Didn't get a chance to do the fuel filter but doing that on Monday as the loss of power does surge back which is symptomatic of a bad filter but i dont see how that would throw up the 4 other errors and how they could then dissapear on restart. The only constant is the vehicle will have that dead spot in acceleration which usually comes back and allows you to nurse it to where it needs to be. The errors don't appear every time either.

Just seems electrical to me but I'm not sure thus kind of thing is my indys skillset necessarily.

I'm thinking an auto electrician might be an idea for a troubleshoot.

Post #640271 Sat Mar 09 2024 7:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1