RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Rear Earth Locations (L494) and Strange Air of Melting??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Garrfield

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Autobiography Firenze Red
Rear Earth Locations (L494) and Strange Air of Melting??

Hi All

Two questions to begin if I may, you have all been helpful over the years even though I have only just decided time to join up..........I have a feeling I might be here quite a bit.

Firstly I am aware of the issue with the problem with the front earth strap connection point inside the front wheel arches and my question is.....are there similar in both rear wheel arches?

Secondly, after some work to the engine to replace a broken hose under the plenum chamber which also resulted in replacing just about all the brittle solid plastic pipes (why do they use this material!!) The car was parked up for a couple of weeks during this work, when started last night the cabin filled with smoke and the smell of melting/burning plastic! I turned off and left till daylight. The same smell is there today but no smoke anywhere. The infotainment is crackling/popping/static now is this that perhaps has gone pop?

2014 L494 4.4 TDV8

All help gladly appreciated

Post #638230 Wed Dec 20 2023 9:55pm
Garrfield

Update: I discovered that the nearside earth strap inside the front wheel arch had come adrift, that is both sides now securely re-attached. This miraculously extinguished most of the warnings in the dash. Taking advice from some of the posts here I bit the bullet and bought a brand new battery. As soon as I fitted it all the warning lights on the dash lit up like a Christmas tree!!!!! Makes no sense considering they were all out with the old battery! I have put it all on trickle charge just to make sure both batteries are up to full charge just in case.

Before changing the battery I was left with the E-diff warning and the red triangle with restricted performance still there. My reader tells me High Fuel Pressure Sensor readings. I have located the sensor which is on the front of the right hand bank and the connector on the end of the sensor fell off in my hand. Bit of a tricky thing to get out and put back in by the looks of it, anyone had experience of replacing one? I have read a few posts here and most say it is at the back near the bulkhead!

2014 L494 4.4 TDV8 Current: 2014 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography 110k miles......will it make the 200k like the Boss did1
Previous: 2007 3.6 TDV8 200k miles (The best, gone but not forgotten)

Post #638574 Sat Jan 06 2024 1:45pm
Garrfield

Well guys I can only say I managed to sort this issue alone and I might say it is not an easy job. Purchased a used sensor from eBay for £40, quite cheap I thought. It is quite a tricky job but as soon as I replaced it the restricted performance red triangle disappeared, thank god. Still left with the E-diff issue tho. Current: 2014 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography 110k miles......will it make the 200k like the Boss did1

Post #639002 Sun Jan 21 2024 9:25pm
Drago

United Kingdom 

Good to see you are working through the issues with solutions.
The LR gremlins are very frustrating and hard to diagnose without costing £££

Post #639007 Sun Jan 21 2024 10:39pm
Garrfield

Thanks @Drago without a good code reader I would be lost and seeing that the electrics are not the easiest to work with. A lot of common sense with it seems to make the difference plus good info here to fall back on Thumbs Up Current: 2014 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography 110k miles......will it make the 200k like the Boss did1

Post #639010 Sun Jan 21 2024 10:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1