Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Back to Land Rover we go, my 2nd RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

soupdragon

Ireland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Back to Land Rover we go, my 2nd RRS

So we've just bought a RRS 2016 HSE SDV6

Had a 2009 RRS which we drove for 4 years, virtually problem free. We then moved onto BMW X6 for 7 years and decided to move back to Land Rover again. The BMW was problem free also, great piece of kit

I bought Land Rover Approved Used. 1 year Land Rover warranty as standard and then a 2nd year premium warranty, provided by RAC

They had a special offer on, choose one of these 3:

Free service
Free 2nd year warranty
Or £500 off list price

I chose the warranty....and then proceeded to negotiate another £500 off anyway Wink

After we 'shook hands' I pointed out that the car was due a service, the 7 year service no less, plus an MOT, so they serviced it last week and did timing belt and all the associated 7 year service items. Passed the MOT no problem but the service department noticed the fuel tank cradle had signs of rust, so they're currently replacing that for me, and I should get the car tomorrow or Thursday

As part of prep, they also did paint corrections, refurbished alloys and then the usual valet.

61k miles on the clock and I'm getting it for £25.5k which I think is a good deal, considering its a decent spec, with a few extras like electric towbar, panoramic roof, the Aliston headlining and the colour coded painted side sills. The towbar was the absolute must have option for my search.

Test drive was brilliant. You can really tell the difference between the MKI and MKII due to the aluminium chassis. Car handles great and a lovely ride.

Its a lot of car for the money and a year ago, I would have been looking at nearly £35k for a 2016 approved used RRS so I think (hope) that I've caught the bottom of the big depreciation hit we've seen lately. We'll be keeping the car a good while anyway, so residuals aren't too big a concern.

Really looking forward to driving a Range Rover Sport again. Loved the last one and I'm sure I'll love this one too. I know the infotainment will be poor, but at least it has the heated seat control on the dial rather than having to wait for the touch screen to load up. Just need to decide whether to upgrade the infotainment or not. There are some good options out there and I'm tempted by them....would be interested about understanding the pros and cons of this.

Will get some pics up soon.

Its the carpathian grey paint which I like a lot, and I like the silver alloys too. The silver wheels maybe make it look a bit less modern, a bit less sporty, but I kind of like that classic look. I find it appealing in its own way.

Post #637841 Tue Dec 05 2023 1:35pm
soupdragon

Some pics...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #637842 Tue Dec 05 2023 1:41pm
Johnrrs

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Zambezi Silver

Looks good and a good deal you have got too.

Post #637852 Tue Dec 05 2023 7:20pm
JDPRRSUK

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Looks great… enjoy!

Post #637854 Tue Dec 05 2023 8:14pm
Karlp606

Looks nice!
Definitely worth getting the 2nd year warranty.

My 2nd year warranty runs out July 24 but with everything "major"already replaced barring the turbos and engine!

Post #637862 Wed Dec 06 2023 10:31am
soupdragon

Karlp606 wrote:
Looks nice!
Definitely worth getting the 2nd year warranty.

My 2nd year warranty runs out July 24 but with everything "major"already replaced barring the turbos and engine!

Erm...should I be worried?! How much work have you had done on it?

I called into the LR showroom the day the car was listed for sale and agreed to buy it there and then. That was 3 weeks ago today and they're still working on getting it ready for me. Starting to wonder if they are just waiting for their next delivery of duct tape Very Happy

Post #637865 Wed Dec 06 2023 11:17am
Karlp606

Laughing Laughing Just the usual l494 issues-

Cracked manifolds
Air con condenser
Heated seat pad
Coolant leak
All be done under my warranty.

To be fair its been mint for the last 12 months , always recommend warranty for the above reasons!
The air con condenser part was £1100 alone! Without fitting.

Warranty always worth its wait in gold.

Post #637866 Wed Dec 06 2023 11:22am
soupdragon

Yes, warranty essential which is why I was attracted by approved used. Some good deals on approved used at the moment and sometimes, as good if not better than local independents so it was a bit of a no brainer for me.

Post #637867 Wed Dec 06 2023 11:37am
soupdragon

Enjoying the car. Its in absolutely pristine condition and the passenger and rear seats look brand new, in fact, my mum actually thought it was a brand new car when I took her and my Dad for a spin. She has no idea how much a brand new one costs though, and how much I couldn't afford one lol.

Only annoying thing is the DAB radio. Not exactly intuitive to negotiate and I already knew the bass from the sound system wasn't going to be there. Would consider an after market infotainment upgrade.

Found out by accident I've got soft close doors. Will be handy for the kids getting in and out as I can't recall ever not closing my own door properly. Not a feature I would pay extra for though but I'll take it Smile

Did my 1st multi storey car park last week. The width is noticeable but at least its fairly easy to see/feel where the corners are as the overall visibility is great from the driving position. Still had to be careful though, as its feels big in tight spaces like this.

Very pleased overall, a fantastic machine.

Post #638250 Thu Dec 21 2023 2:46pm
Karlp606

Glad your enjoying it, I always google street view any multi storeys Im going to incase the RRS is too big lol!

Have a look at the car play upgrade - very easy to install and is a great upgrade on the infotainment. Thumbs Up

Post #638251 Thu Dec 21 2023 3:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1