Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Wet Boot
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

TTR

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Wet Boot

Eh up all,

Noticed condensation on the windows today, front carpets all bone dry as is rear.

However boot floor is damp where the first piece of trim meets the boot seal, looks like the water tracked down this as there’s also damp on the metal tie downs and on the jack and tools. Interestingly I stuffed my hand don through the little access panel and it feels damp down between the skin and soundproof but not wringing wet.

Any ideas anyone where this water is coming in, I park nose down on my drive at circa 30 degrees so I’m assuming it could be the boot seal ? Big Cry

I’ll work logically through starting at the cheapest fix first - assuming I can get any advice on where to start.

I can say I don’t believe it’s coming in through the tailgate glass or tailgate skin, there no damp on this area at all - bone dry : Thumbs Up

All ideas welcome as usual

Post #636546 Thu Oct 12 2023 8:48pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Might be some use, might not, could be worth checking the drain tube to the rear in No.3 of the illustration, might be blocked or perished in someway, but not really sure if they only apply if sunroof fitted.

Cheers
Col

Post #636547 Thu Oct 12 2023 9:45pm
TTR

Eh up

Col- thanks will have a look, mines not got a sunroof but will have a good look at the top of the tailgate to see if I can spot anything. Thumbs Up

I have read that the boot seals appear to be an issue but not sure if this only relates to the spilt tailgates and not the single piece ones like I have ?

Will keep reading

All help welcome as usual

Post #636549 Fri Oct 13 2023 7:25am
TTR

Ehup all

Well checked for any drain holes and cannot locate anything from the roof Confused

Checked the gutters at the side of the tailgate and they are all clear, re checked glass frame in tailgate and I’m as positive as I can be that there no trace of water coming in.

I’ve used french chalk to mark the area under the tailgate trim just to be sure.

I just need to be sure it’s the boot seal before trying to find one - guessing best bet is new but I’ll settle for a good used one and try it.

Anyone know how these are fixed in assuming it’s just a press fit rather than any adhesive used .

Just don’t want to assume,

Cheers all Thumbs Up

Post #636570 Fri Oct 13 2023 7:15pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Basically just pushed/pressed on, from the factory there is a small amount of white adhesive used, but it is not on replacement seals, there is enough of the adhesive left behind when removing old seal for the new one although not really needed, try and keep the adhesive off your fingers as it's the sort of stuff that no matter how hard you try it seems to get every where.

Cheers
Col

Post #636576 Fri Oct 13 2023 8:51pm
TTR

Eh up all

Col - thanks had a good look around the seal today peeling back each section to see if it was seated correctly

So in the bottom corner which I suspected the trim was damp, a good 30mm section of the trim seals foot was forced under the metal lip. So effectively both feet ran to one side rather than covering the metal lip.

No idea why other than poor fitting at some point, Rolling Eyes managed to carefully tease it out and in to shape then refit.

Not sure if that’s the source but it’s one less issue to consider, plus I can’t find anything else ! Confused

Won’t have to wait long before it pi88es down again Rolling with laughter

Post #636590 Sat Oct 14 2023 4:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1