Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Nitrous max extreme controller wiring help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Supernosrrsripper

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black
Nitrous max extreme controller wiring help

Hi guys and gals,

Been lurking for a while and thought I’d say hi and try and pick some brains if at all possible.

2005 4.2 supercharged rrs.
65,000miles
Currently has 10%pulley
Water-meth injection set at 500cc max over 4-12 psi boost range.
Decat and double res delete for exhaust.

Im currently in the process of fitting a 125shot wet nitrous system from won and also have the max extreme progressive controller.

I have it 80% fitted up but I’m struggling on a couple of items to finish up the basic fit and can then move onto testing the system and set up.

1) I need an rpm Signal for the controller..does anybody have wire colours and locations/feeds for this please. ??? Either from the tachometer plug ?, cps or perhaps a feed from alternator to ecm ?

2) gear shift signal 0-5v so I can input the parameters for separate gear maps - wire colour and locations again please.

3 ) I tapped into the only live 5v wire I could find on the throttle body with ignition on but this doesn’t seem to register on my system as moving when depressing the throttle so may have to use the wot activation switch unless someone knows where I can get a feed for the tbs or do these cars have a reverse drop in voltage from 5-0v upon activation ?

I Look forward to any help and a massive thanks for all the help you have already given me from all of the posts Ive read and learnt from in the last few weeks.

Great site and people.
Jim 👍🏻

Post #634174 Sat Jul 08 2023 11:06pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Everything on these are CAN bus messages running around. E.g RPM, Gear.

1) One of the wires on the coil pack will be fire, so as long as your system can cope with counting 1 cylinder that maybe as option. Pin 4 at coil pack

2) Can't think of anything, not sure what or why you want it.

3) There should be a signal, roughly 0.5v idle/off and 4.5v WOT, I would have thought on the TPS
yellow or red wire

Post #634177 Sun Jul 09 2023 9:57am
Supernosrrsripper

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Hi Andy K,

Thanks for your reply.

Q1…I’ll give the coil pack wire a shot thank you. 👍🏻

Q2.. it’s for input into the controller so as the vehicle changes gear the map changes on the controller for individual gear maps. To lengthen shot bursts or change rpm range etc

Q3.. yes I found the red wire and measured 5v with ignition on but not started so I went with that but apparently the controller didn’t like that one and refused to acknowledge that the throttle was either opening or shutting. I’ll have another dig around in there and perhaps retest with car started and throttle on off see where it gets me.

Thanks for taking the time to help 👍🏻

Post #634182 Sun Jul 09 2023 2:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1