RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Diy service question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jases4x4

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black
Diy service question

Decided to do my own service for the first time on the 3.6 v8, Glad i did as i have found this vacuum pipe corner is damaged with a hole in see picture which im guessing was trapped when it was last in for a service which is so disappointing as the same garage didnt tighten my diff nuts up at the same service giving them a leak but this must have been like this 18months now i only do low miles 3000 a year and with moving house its been put on hold, My question is does anyone know the purpose of this pipe and will this be a reason i only get very poor mpg?

Post #633603 Wed Jun 07 2023 6:27pm
peterjj

Australia 

The vacuum hose goes to the " Variable intake actuator" which "The air intake manifold has a variable intake valve which allows the two sides of the manifolds to be connected/separated to balance the airflow." (not the same thing that deactivates flow to half the intake valves - port deactivation).

Dunno the effects of the leak except that it is not permanently connected to vacuum so it would only matter when the system tries to apply vacuum to that line and then it might also affect anything else it is trying to apply vacuum to at the same time.

Easy fix though. Pete
2008 L320 TDV8
2022 Hilux Rugged-X

Post #633607 Thu Jun 08 2023 3:58am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Shame you've been disappointed with your indie. Does this sway you to do the routine stuff from now on. Do you have any other indies you can use for the complicated jobs?. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #633608 Thu Jun 08 2023 8:00am
jases4x4

Thanks for the vacuum advice, Its not given me any fault codes, I am definitely thinking i will do as many jobs as possible myself going forward just because i can take my time and look closer been careful, This has been trapped in the oil filter 18 months i might even send the indie an email to let them know but im guessing they might not accept responsibility. When i collected it they had to come to my house next day to tighten up both sump plugs on diffs as they were not tightened after servicing and now i find this, I can only think a new starter must have done mine as the indie is highly regarded as been one of the best in UK, And if it was a newbie then it shows you dont always get what you pay for.

Post #633611 Thu Jun 08 2023 10:58am
jases4x4

Managed to change the fuel filter today noticed a connector just dangling with no other wiring loom close by that could possibly connect to it, I know 4/5 years ago i had the water in fuel message on the odd occasion so could it be that sensor and if so wheres it connect to?

Post #633638 Fri Jun 09 2023 12:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1