Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Telematics control box 2017 RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Bob lydon

United Kingdom 
Telematics control box 2017 RRS

Hi Guys

Am after some advice on what the telematics box in my RRS actually does/control.

When i bought the car approx 8 months ago, i had the SOS message appear on my screen, the navigation on my screen showed that the car still thought it was in Ireland, i could also not set the time or date.

In the boot i found a empty box which was for a new telematics battery, must have been from a previous owner who had had the same issues (probably not long before i purchased it) with the box still being there.

I replaced the battery myself and the SOS message disappeared, still had no navigation and not able set time and date. Was not to bothered about the Navigation as i can use my phone.

Main dealer has cleared the previous owners details and registered me for the in control.

Last week the SOS message has come back, i have scanned the car and the same battery code has come back.

So my shout out for help is, do all of these problems link together and suggest my TCU is Censored and not charging the battery ETC, or do the battery’s not last long?

Are there any company’s that can test the TCU’S, dont mind buying one if it is Censored , but likewise dont want to waste £500 if the issue lies elsewhere.

Thanks

Bob

Post #633376 Fri May 26 2023 3:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1