RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR standard stereo?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

snerkler

United Kingdom 
SVR standard stereo?

I've googled and googled this but can't find the answer so can anyone tell me if the 2017 SVR's came with the the upgraded meridian sound system (825w Surround) as standard, or whether it has the basic meridian system as standard please?

Post #629180 Fri Dec 16 2022 5:39pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

2017 (old style) came with the base version of Meridian.... 2018 came with the Meridian Surround version as standard. Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #629213 Sat Dec 17 2022 8:17pm
snerkler

United Kingdom 

richamartin wrote:
2017 (old style) came with the base version of Meridian.... 2018 came with the Meridian Surround version as standard.

Many thanks. Is there a way to tell the difference please as they don't say Meridian Surround on the speakers like some models?

I've been looking at a 2017 SVR and the seller says it's the 825w meridian surround but then says it's got 13 speakers and I thought the surround had 19 speakers?

They sent me this saying that this shows it's the surround, so is it the Dolby Pro Logic that I need to look for?

Click image to enlarge
image0 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr[/img]

Post #629221 Sun Dec 18 2022 10:54am
richamartin

I'd have to check on our cars - as i have one with the Surround and one with the top Signature - so don't remember what it looks like on screen. But i thought the Dolby Pro-logic was the bottom one.

Which would be backed up by the number of speakers. Easiest way is to look for the speakers in certain locations.
Signature has speakers on the back of and in the seats.
Surround has speakers in the headlining and in the boot, by the parcel shelf. But they should have the meridian logo on all of the speakers. Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #629222 Sun Dec 18 2022 11:04am
snerkler

United Kingdom 

richamartin wrote:
I'd have to check on our cars - as i have one with the Surround and one with the top Signature - so don't remember what it looks like on screen. But i thought the Dolby Pro-logic was the bottom one.

Which would be backed up by the number of speakers. Easiest way is to look for the speakers in certain locations.
Signature has speakers on the back of and in the seats.
Surround has speakers in the headlining and in the boot, by the parcel shelf. But they should have the meridian logo on all of the speakers.

Thanks again, much appreciated. The speakers do say meridian on them, but I thought they all did? I know in some models such as the discovery the speakers literally say "meridian surround" on the speakers, but they don't appear to do so on the RRS, or the Range Rover from what I've seen.

Post #629223 Sun Dec 18 2022 11:10am
richamartin

Ahhh - I see what you mean - yes, they just say Meridian, not the version on RR's. It's a bit of a trick, so you have to look at speaker number and location.

The other option is to get the VIN number and check the original build sheet at a LR dealer.

The base system is awful, so I'd avoid that like the plague. But the Surround is very good as a compromise of quality / price. Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #629224 Sun Dec 18 2022 11:14am
snerkler

United Kingdom 

richamartin wrote:

Ahhh - I see what you mean - yes, they just say Meridian, not the version on RR's. It's a bit of a trick, so you have to look at speaker number and location.

The other option is to get the VIN number and check the original build sheet at a LR dealer.

The base system is awful, so I'd avoid that like the plague. But the Surround is very good as a compromise of quality / price.

Thanks again, my best bet it to probably get the VIN and check with LR then I think, unless I can learn where all the speakers are and count them.

Post #629225 Sun Dec 18 2022 11:22am
DRW

Wales 

I wonder how the new owners of a RRSport feel when their Autobiography comes with the Billy Basic sound system??

Post #629942 Mon Jan 16 2023 1:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1