RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > DSC Valve Block pressure sensor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Topcat2308

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
DSC Valve Block pressure sensor

Hi all. My suspension warning light came on Amber only. Read codes and it identified that compressor exhaust valve was blocked. No other codes. A few days later decided to refurb compressor cleared code but noticed a new code identifying invalid data from DSC module. Suspension works since refurb. However as the DSC system also used the same suspension warning light for poor communication errors could not clear the light. So obviously not lost communication but invalid. This brought me to the conclusion that information received at the DSC module was wrong or missing. Checked canbus all ok, checked dccv1&2 all ok checked PCV all ok. When checking the valve block pressure sensor with engine running got 0 volts from signal wire. I tested signal wire all good. This left the sensors itself. Got a new one. £217 Big Cry pig to replace.retested signal and got 0.3volts. Was expecting 2.2- 2.5. Checking the sensor I found it had a small leak from the electrical housing and now suspect the new sensor may faulty. I will exchange this however does anyone know what voltage the pressure sensor should return to the DSC module?

Post #627835 Tue Nov 01 2022 4:39pm
rayodunne

Canada 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

What are the actual codes you are seeing for the ACE system?

"The pressure transducer located in the valve block receives a 5V current from the control module. The transducer measures the
hydraulic pressures in the range of 0 to 180 bar (0 to 2610 lbf/in2) and returns a linear output voltage to the control module dependant on the hydraulic pressure." 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

Post #628004 Mon Nov 07 2022 2:50pm
Topcat2308

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

The code is U0434. Invalid data from Dynamic control module. This module has 6 inputs plus 2 canbus links so don’t just assume it’s the module. In my case it was the lack of a signal (0 reading) from the valve block transducer which could have equally been the pump not generating the pressure. However pressure transducers use 0.5v as zero so that a zero reading identifies a open circuit or knackered sensor. An ohms test on signal wire confirmed wire was good. Hence only transducer left. All good now. Just waiting for what’s next😊

Post #628008 Mon Nov 07 2022 3:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1