RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L461) > Test drive
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Defenderp400e

Scotland 
Test drive

Finally getting a chance to try it out, dealer has arranged to let me have the car next Wednesday and its a p440e so all good. Conditions are you can't have it overnight and there is a 100 mile limit,they did say it wasn't an issue if I went over a bit. Apparently demos will be few and need to be kept for 12 to 18 months. They have only delivered one to a customer so far.

Roll on next Wednesday...........

Post #627328 Wed Oct 12 2022 5:58pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Well I'm interested in your test drive report please!

Post #627335 Wed Oct 12 2022 9:44pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

100 miles isn't very much but better than the old "once round the block" drives. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #627339 Wed Oct 12 2022 9:57pm
Defenderp400e

Scotland 

Picked up the demo this morning, p440e se dynamic in eiger grey with cloud interior. Can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm not sure this is for me. Power train is absolutely superb, so smooth, plenty get up and go and so quiet. However the ride just felt very 'floaty' probably ideal for motorway cruising and eating up long distances but I felt very dis connected from the car in comparison to my defender.

My biggest issue was the quality of fit and finish, this car has just on 500 miles on the clock and there were already rattles from the dash, although it does have a dash cam fitted front and rear so maybe things have not gone back together quite right, the power rear seats are refusing to move and saying temporarily unavailable, the electric recline on the rear seats is noisy and jerky.By far the worst though is that neither flap for the fuel or the plug in sit properly flush to the bodywork, really bad for a vehicle at this price. Maybe this is a Friday car but it certainly didn't leave a good impression.

Totally undecided now.............

Post #627475 Wed Oct 19 2022 1:08pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

My svr has had a peculiar creaking sound coming from the roof right over my head from the off.
Should have spoken to them about it but didn't.
True, for the price of these cars the finish can be dodgy.
Perhaps Porsche and their perfect build would be a better option???

Post #627479 Wed Oct 19 2022 2:35pm
Milky400

United Kingdom 

Defenderp400e wrote:
Picked up the demo this morning, p440e se dynamic in eiger grey with cloud interior. Can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm not sure this is for me. Power train is absolutely superb, so smooth, plenty get up and go and so quiet. However the ride just felt very 'floaty' probably ideal for motorway cruising and eating up long distances but I felt very dis connected from the car in comparison to my defender.

My biggest issue was the quality of fit and finish, this car has just on 500 miles on the clock and there were already rattles from the dash, although it does have a dash cam fitted front and rear so maybe things have not gone back together quite right, the power rear seats are refusing to move and saying temporarily unavailable, the electric recline on the rear seats is noisy and jerky.By far the worst though is that neither flap for the fuel or the plug in sit properly flush to the bodywork, really bad for a vehicle at this price. Maybe this is a Friday car but it certainly didn't leave a good impression.

Totally undecided now.............

Just come back from a test drive as my car arrives Friday and wanted to see what the final product was like before it’s to late.

I found it to be superb, quiet, smooth, great pick up with an almost seamless transition from EV to petrol and worryingly comfortable. I also found it a little floaty which would suit motorway miles, but in dynamic it was a lot harder which I liked.

My main concern was the creaking from the lower centre consul every time I accelerated or braked. I just hope it’s not a common issue. If so I’m sure it it easily fixed with Some anti rattle tape.

My mindset, is if I really do not get on with it it will sell very quickly and for more than I paid plus the disclaimer value.

Post #627480 Wed Oct 19 2022 2:43pm
bimjim

United Kingdom 

I've got my test drive booked for Friday. I shall listen out for creaks...

Post #627483 Wed Oct 19 2022 3:08pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

The one I drove (D350 FE) did not creak. It only had 92 miles when I got it! MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #627484 Wed Oct 19 2022 3:32pm
RRSTDV8

Defenderp400e wrote:

Seems to be typical LR dealership performance. "Why sort out our demo car? Just send it out because the fools out there will buy from us anyway".

Sending out demo cars with faults such as that is frankly insulting. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #627486 Wed Oct 19 2022 4:34pm
Defenderp400e

Scotland 

Run back to dealership I took a different route which is narrow and some sets of twisty bends and in dynamic mode it did handle them really well for such a big vehicle so maybe I need to just leave it in dynamic all the time. I pointed out the issues and I was told some screws on the flaps were needing tightened to bring them into line but because it has been out so much they haven't had the time.............

The other observation I have is the cloud interior is very white and it had already picked up a few dirty marks, I had considered changing to this but if I do go ahead it won't be this interior.

I did get a chance to have a good look at an autobiography and it did feel like a big step up with the leather dash and alcantara roof lining etc

Asked about the current issues with audio systems and was told the options to upgrade audio have all been removed but if you have ordered an autobiography it should come with the 3d Meridian as standard and it won't be downgraded, see in the fullness of time I guess.

Post #627495 Wed Oct 19 2022 6:31pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

I’m actually contemplating going for the big daddy RR, changing my mind like the wind at present.

Post #627501 Wed Oct 19 2022 10:16pm
Blackbird458

United Kingdom 

Tell me — are you in the government? Rolling with laughter

Post #627502 Wed Oct 19 2022 10:21pm
RRSTDV8

Cantona wrote:
I’m actually contemplating going for the big daddy RR, changing my mind like the wind at present.

For a decently spec'd RRS, you're basically in to FFRR territory. Unless you use the Sport part of the RRS name on a regular basis, the FFRR is probably the better bet. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #627503 Thu Oct 20 2022 12:36am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Thats my (current) thought process. I have just turned 57 so perhaps the time is right to forget about the sport aspect Laughing

Post #627511 Thu Oct 20 2022 10:59am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Blackbird458 wrote:
Tell me — are you in the government? Rolling with laughter

I sound like it don't I Laughing

Post #627512 Thu Oct 20 2022 11:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1