RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Been-and-dunit

United Kingdom 
Service

2016 l494 . Please what service should this be I’m on 49880 miles 6 year old thank you ,

Post #621506 Wed Feb 02 2022 8:18pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

Will be the 6 year service. You can look at the Land Rover website and get prices for dealer servicing……….to see how much you will save by going to a decent Indy
 Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #621507 Wed Feb 02 2022 8:39pm
Been-and-dunit

United Kingdom 

Thank you Dave yes thinking of a independent Indy as main dealers are Censored , never had my car back in a day just for a service

Post #621509 Wed Feb 02 2022 9:00pm
Coedlan

United Kingdom 

Dave-t wrote:
Will be the 6 year service. You can look at the Land Rover website and get prices for dealer servicing……….to see how much you will save by going to a decent Indy

But the service will be listed as the 96000 mile service, based on 16,000 miles per year, even though you’ve only done less than half that mileage. Does that make a difference - who knows?
I’m in a very similar boat, just 6 years old now, had 6 year service at main dealer, cost approx £650, sailed through that with no advisories, then they did an mot (what was I thinking of asking them to do it) and it failed on one brake pad lining below 1.5mm and corrosion on the rear brake pipes. My head is still sore from banging it on the wall after getting no sensible reply to their health check finding no issues pre mot. Needless to say, I replaced pads and discs front and back, plus the brake lines myself and was met with incredulity when I brought the car back to the dealership for a retest, which it passed.
I’d now like to know if at any of the main dealer services it’s had (first 5 on a prepaid plan, so no paperwork on pick up) was the transfer box oil changed, (to pick on the one I can read in the post), or any other of the items listed as more than oil, fuel and air filters? 2016 L494 HSE

Post #621516 Thu Feb 03 2022 12:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1