RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > P400e Owners ! Show Me Your Dipstick ;)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
P400e Owners ! Show Me Your Dipstick ;)

Hello All

Picked up my new P400e a few weeks back and decided to check my oil level and noticed that the dipstick was very hard to remove. When it eventually came out it was all twisted. I read somewhere once that some cars have twisted dipsticks to help it go down the tube and was wondering if that is the case with my car.

Any other members out there have the same kind of dipstick ?

Also I mainly drive in electric mode and was wondering what’s the lowest amount of fuel to keep in the tank to lower the weight of the car to help with increased electric mileage because I absolutely love driving in electric mode and have read to keep some fuel in the tank to help with keeping the filter clean and motor etc soaked in fuel.

Thanks all

Post #618159 Sun Oct 17 2021 5:59pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

I've been running a P400e for about a year and 14k miles and I have no idea where my dipstick is, let alone whether it's bent. I've been married far too long

As for carrying less fuel to increase electric range, by my back of a fag packet calculation the weight of your RR will be reduced by about 3.5% if you drive around with an empty fuel tank. Assuming that the electric range is proportional to the weight of the car (which it might not be who knows) and assuming an average electric range of 25 miles, that would give you less than 1 mile increase in range

So do you really want to risk being stranded on the side of the road with no fuel or not having the power to overtake that OAP in his Volvo in order to get less than an extra mile in electric range? Not me

Post #618359 Mon Oct 25 2021 1:29pm
Dan_NL

Netherlands 

I had a P300 F-Type -same engine- and now have a RR P400e. The reason for the twisted
shape is beyond me. I do know I only filled 200ml oil once, that was after around 11,000km
from new (F-Type). We were driving through the Alps from Austria to France, along the
coast to Spain and then across the Pyrinees. Lots of revving, lots of braking on the engine.

After that, never had to top-up beyond services, sold it a month ago with 36k km.

The EV range is limited. I hardly get more then 25 miles, so I would keep enough fuel
in the tank, that what's it for. Mr. Green

Post #618432 Tue Oct 26 2021 7:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1