RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Replacing the fuse for frontmost power socket - what an arse
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ecs0set

United Kingdom 
Replacing the fuse for frontmost power socket - what an arse

14.5MY - the previous owner had somehow blown the fuse for the frontmost power socket between the front cupgholders. No problem, cabin fusebox behind the glovebox, fuse 63, spare 20A fuse in hand.

Go on, have a go yourself. I'll wait a few days! It is borderline impossible, trapped behind the crossmember for the dash and wedged between a massive power connector and a brace of relays which won't come out easily at the reach of your fingertips.

If you ever need to do this job yourself, don't even entertain the thought of attempting to use the little red fuse puller - it won't fit onto the fuse even if you can get it there. Instead, you will need a selection of radio pliers and £250 for the swear jar. Access is easiest from below by removing the kick panel unless you are a gynecologist or keyhole surgeon and like an extra challenge.

Post #614903 Fri Jun 18 2021 2:46pm
ids

United Kingdom 

I have to agree. There are some terrible things Land Rover design.

I had the same with the fuse box under the bonnet. The one that's under the windscreen scuttle. You can just about get the lid off but cant see any of the markings or reach without long nose pliers. You cant meaningfully get into it without lifting the wiper scuttle panel which you then need to remove the wipers to lift this.

I came from a D3 and its just a catalogue of poor design from a maintenance point of view.

Post #614913 Fri Jun 18 2021 8:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1