Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SDV8 review
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
SDV8 review

Hi Guys.

Looking at a SDV8 for the Mrs it's on a June 2014 plate with 60k on the clock.
What do people think of the SDV8 as I've never had any experience with one, I've only had the SDV6 and my current is the SDV6 hybrid. Never driven one either.

Is there many faults with the SDV8? From what I have read it's pretty bullet proof and reliable. I'm sure it's much smoother pulling then the SDV6 too and much more power top end.

Any thoughts from you guys who have one would be great Thumbs Up

Thanks. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #610908 Tue Mar 02 2021 6:50pm
Canary

England 

I had a my16 sdv8 and it was fine I enjoyed the little extra power it offered over the v6 which I have owned also.

Mine had adblue which was a pain but yours won't due to being a my14, another point to note is that these cars are usually loaded in terms of extras.

I think the only down side to a 14 plate is the very old looking infotainment and the unbearable low res reversing cameras which make your eyes bleed over time Shocked

If you can stretch to a 16 plate some of those issues were starting to be addressed Thumbs Up

P.s it was faultless for the 40k miles i did in it and gave me confidence in terms of the issues the v6 has currently still. MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #610915 Tue Mar 02 2021 10:06pm
thomas brown

Hi Canary.

Cheers for the reply. Good to hear you had no issues, from what I can find out they seem pretty solid.
Yes definitely it's got more power then the SDV6 plus without the headache of it going bang too!

I've had a odd issue with my add blue system too on my Hybrid just silly things with a sensor but least this one is out of that category no stupid add blue hindering performance either Mr. Green

Yea landrover has never had the best infotainment and I don't think they will ever have. My Mrs won't bother about the system being a little out of date as long as she can hook up her Bluetooth and music she will be fine Thumbs Up
Yea the SDV8 models seem pretty well loaded so cant complain.

I've tried looking on YouTube but cant really find too many reviews about the SDV8 it's all very brief. I've Tried to find Landrover launch videos too but couldn't find one!!! If anyone has any good links then please do post them up on here regarding the SDV8 Thumbs Up .

Thanks. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #610923 Wed Mar 03 2021 12:13am
TubaPlayer

United Kingdom 

I have a MY16 SDV8 and love it, it is a lot smoother than my old SDV6, not much (if any) difference in MPG. Mine is an Autobiography so has everything I could want and so far hasn't had much wrong. The only issue I've had is the park brake motor failed but that will be the same on both models, not a cheap fix but covered under LR warranty 2016 Black SDV8 Autobiography
2013 Grey Black Edition SDV6 (lasted a while but gone now)
2005 Grey Supercharged Sport (gone but never forgotten)

Post #610927 Wed Mar 03 2021 9:51am
thomas brown

Hi Tubaplayer.

Yea the mpg for a V8 is pretty close to the v6 so can't complain especially with the extra torque and bhp. We'll it's not for me it's for the Mrs but I'm definitely moving towards the V8 diesel. Its just a concern with the SDV6 with these engines I have the hybrid and lovenit but just worried about the engine issues so maybe next year I'm moving towards the sdv8 Thumbs Up

Good to hear from what I've heard the sdv8 is a pretty reliable tank of a engine Thumbs Up Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #610928 Wed Mar 03 2021 10:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1