United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

I meant wouldn't trust my kids lego with... Laughing

I cant be trusted with a keyboard!! Pete

2011 SDV6 HSE - Owned since July 2020
1989 Range Rover Classic 3.5 Vogue Manual - sold

Post #610437 Tue Feb 23 2021 11:09am
LandPhil

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Further to my dealings with Motoreasy, I sent them the technician’s diagnosis and received a reply that it was not detailed enough.I phoned them and got the same lady I spoke to earlier and asked for an explanation and told them again that my service record was on file.She said they needed more detailed info on the fault and that the service invoice did not record a service but replacement of belts. I explained that the item was electrically dead and had to be replaced, repair was not an option. There then followed a significant discussion which resolved nothing.
About 30 mins later I received an email from them authorising the repair at the cost on the quote.
I phoned back and was answered by a man who confirmed the job was authorised and they would pay in full. I explained that the lady had been extremely difficult and he gave me a knowing but noncommittal response.
Will I stay with them? Don’t know yet but at the moment I’ve paid them less than they’ve paid me.

Post #610526 Wed Feb 24 2021 2:05pm
Colossus1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I can only comment about my own experiences but have been impressed with the LR extended warranty when I have had cause to use it. I had the top level of cover (which is not cheap at about £1350/p/a) on my old L494 5.0 s/c and never had any quibble at all, including several heated seat blowers, a failing wheel bearing and a failed gear selector that left me stranded in France one Christmas.

On each occasion my dealer get the problem sorted without any problem or indication that any element would not be covered and the recovery service that I used in France was exception given the time of year, all very impressive. I appreciate that there are cheaper policies available but if my experience is anything to go by, the top level LR warranty is akin to their new car policy, although I appreciate that it is not underwritten by LR.

It is hoped that these policies are not needed but I think the reality with modern cars is that they are now so complex that failures are inevitable once a few years old. My experience suggests that the LR dealers are better able to manage a claim if through their own branded warranty, on the basis I suspect of having a closer working relationship with them. To me this is worth paying the extra, although I do appreciate that I may just have been lucky! 2021 5.0 S/C Autobiography In Carpathian Grey, Ivory leather and dark Suedecloth Headlining, deployable tow bar and fridge!

Post #610536 Wed Feb 24 2021 3:55pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

I see warranty direct are back selling to the public. Under new management, will be interesting to see how they pan out

https://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/?tduid=91...00ad18ddd7 Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #611965 Sat Mar 27 2021 9:20am
LandPhil

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

The names back but it’s a completely different company so no comparison possible. I have just terminated my warranty with Motoreasy, far too much hassle.

Post #611969 Sat Mar 27 2021 10:28am
BigBen

United Kingdom 

Now owned by this company FirstBase (Future Marketing) Ltd

Would recommend check of Companies House records.

Post #611976 Sat Mar 27 2021 12:37pm
Stand Easy

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thought I'd revive this topic, I've just renewed my Plan B warranty with Motoreasy for 2022, I've had the same cover for 2 years now at £800/year on my 2010 3.0 TDV6, my 3rd year of cover is with identical details. £60/hr labour cover, £50 xs /claim, no betterment clause ( no % contribution from me required). I've got receipts for £10k+ for work they've covered so far and I've spent a total of £1850 including premiums and excess charges. Whilst I own a RR I'll be renewing with Motoreasy each year.

Post #619487 Thu Nov 25 2021 2:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345