RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Door Mirrors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SC247

United Kingdom 
Door Mirrors

Has anyone upgraded the door mirror to the ones with camera & wading sensor and if so was the wiring already in the doors I have mirrors with the rear detection and was wondering if you can add the missing items as I have seen a replacement bottom cover with the required holes

Post #609094 Sun Jan 24 2021 2:46pm
DZ

United Kingdom 

Hi SC,

Unfortunately, it is not as simple as adding the necessary hardware. I don't know if all cars come pre-wired for various options but even if you do manage to add the missing hardware (which is a prohibitively expensive exercise) then you'll still need to make changes to the car's back-end software and, to the best of my knowledge, nobody has achieved this yet for the 360-degree cameras and wading sensor (disclaimer: I could be mistaken as I last looked into this about 2 years ago).

Best,

Dan MY17 RRS Autobiography - Corris Grey

Post #609247 Wed Jan 27 2021 10:43am
pjbracer1

England 

I think you might be able to enable the software using the GAP IID tool, I think ive seen some options in there, but the issue will be getting the mirrors (maybe form a wrecked car) but I think there is an additonal camera module that connects all the cameras together for the 360 surround so not sure it would work if you dont have that as well (LR cat might explain in a diagram) All came fitted with the reverse cam but not sure if the mirror cams were an opiton on their own with wade sensing. I think wade sensing was an option that was stnad alone (just not sure if the cams were part of the feature my guess would be they were not)

I think the mirror cams came as part of the 360 cameras which also included the 2 little ones on th efront bumper (and i think that might of got swaped out for a single front cam aroudn the grille on later models)

So if you fitted the mirrors with the cams and wade sensors (if the wiring was there) then you would need I think something like this https://jlr.parts/product/parking-aid-system-module-lr066380/

This item might already be fitted if the rear camera uses it so it might just mean that adding the cameras is enough and then updating the software with the tool.

I have this on my car and the system works quite well but the camera res isnt the greatest but its hand at junctions or parking at the Newforest or thos parks that have those nasty little stumps!

Never used the wade things yet but rain is on the way so it might be possible!

I think the job could be done but it depends on how much money you wanna throw at it I guess, I guess the first thing to know is where the camera module is locaed and see it you have one fitted.

If the mirrors are up fors sale somewhere and you dont want to miss out Id psossibly get them as the chances or another pair turning up that are not brand new is pretty slim as I dont think that many car had this option fitted as it was quite an upgrade, when I was looking for mine I didnt see many with the cameras so helpd out for one that did mainly as its another gadget on the list for when it sells, but i have used it a few times so Im happy with it if only the cameras coudl be upgraded to a better res.

Keep us posted if you do crack on with it If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #609264 Wed Jan 27 2021 2:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1