RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New version of Land Rover Remote app for PHEV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Trapdoor

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey
New version of Land Rover Remote app for PHEV

There was a new version of the Land Rover Remote app released today to address the remote climate ‘issue’ on the P400e ... previous version only had remote ICE climate which wouldn’t work if plugged in. New version you can select either Engine climate or Electric climate, which will work if plugged in.

My only confusion is whether selecting Electric with cars equipped with the Webasto fuel heater will run that or whether it is purely electric and I still need to use the small climate remote.

Post #606976 Wed Nov 25 2020 9:06pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

sweet Very Happy now they just need to make it do electric climate from the cable if its plugged in rather than the battery!

oh and be able to switch the heated seats on remotely too Mr. Green are you listening JLR Solution Architects? Wink  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606978 Wed Nov 25 2020 9:58pm
Trapdoor

Isn’t that how it works anyway? If plugged in it uses the mains supply? I’m sure I read that somewhere Question

Post #606979 Wed Nov 25 2020 10:03pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

yeah its supposed to, theres even a setting to choose a preference.... but no, it uses the battery regardless lol British electronics have certainly been an eye opener for me after 13 years in German cars Very Happy  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606982 Wed Nov 25 2020 10:45pm
Trapdoor

Hmmm ... I use ‘timed climate’ for toasty early morning starts ... that’s when it’s plugged in. Battery is always 100% when I set off. BUT I do have a Webasto fuel heater, so wonder if it’s using that?

As a rule, I use the climate radio remote rather than the protracted pfaff of going through the app which definitely does use the Webasto.

I had an Evoque Autobiography before the RRS, that had remote climate from running the engine and it never really got the car warm. The Webasto will warm the car up reasonably after just 10 minutes!

It’s a bit confusing though when you have 3 methods of remote climate Laughing

Post #606983 Wed Nov 25 2020 10:51pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black
Re: New version of Land Rover Remote app for PHEV

Trapdoor wrote:
My only confusion is whether selecting Electric with cars equipped with the Webasto fuel heater will run that or whether it is purely electric and I still need to use the small climate remote.

If you ever find that out let me know as I've got a P400e L405 RR as a loan car, but also generally I have the webasto on my SVR and never know what the car's logic is with deciding to start the engine or use the fuel heater. Doesn't seem to be any!! Non JLR Vehicle

Post #606985 Wed Nov 25 2020 11:04pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

i've never been able to get the timed climate to work on the electric climate, i don't have the webasto so the only option for timing is the engine, however as its always plugged in the engine won't remote start anyway.

on the old app theres a preserve battery option, however when i use the electric climate, it always takes over an hours worth of charging (13amp) out of the battery, it does get the car toasty though. I'm surprised it does'n t turn on the heated screens as a feature too, but it just seems to use what i assume is an electric heater in the dash? I also assume it won't actually cool the car in summer on electric only?  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606986 Wed Nov 25 2020 11:12pm
Trapdoor

What happens if you setup Timed Climate (vehicle preconditioning) under Vehicle Departures in the new app? That’s how I set mine up.

I do find that it can take several attempts to get the setting active as it’s always throwing an error first or second go which is a PITA but once the setting is in there, then it does seem to work well for me. I leave my car plugged in all the time when at home (which is quite a lot at the moment). However I do have a 7kW ‘fast’ charger rather than using the plug top granny charger. Is that what you use? That may be a constraint on the preconditioning.

Also, as far as I’m aware, the system determines the outside air temperature and if it’s warm then the car will switch to ‘ventilation’ cooling ... it doesn’t run the air con. However the remote Engine climate will run the air con if you set the temperature setpoint low.

Post #606999 Thu Nov 26 2020 12:03pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

the app scheduling simply doesn't work on mine, this could however be down to the charger as i'm only on the granny lead currently. It shouldn't make a difference if its set to climate from the battery, but choosing either setting doesn't have an effect, it simply won't climate on schedule. I should probably test it the remote engine schedule by leaving it unplugged one day.  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #607004 Thu Nov 26 2020 1:31pm
Rusty Ranger

United Kingdom 

Nano2nd wrote:
yeah its supposed to, theres even a setting to choose a preference.... but no, it uses the battery regardless lol British electronics have certainly been an eye opener for me after 13 years in German cars Very Happy

That is really poor!

Post #607024 Thu Nov 26 2020 8:33pm
Pakolainen

Finland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Rimini Red

I don't seem to be able to find the new app, Play store says there is no app update.? 2019 RRS P400e Autobiography
2014 RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE Dynamic
2006 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSe
Alfa Romeo Guillietta 2.0 JTDM 2011
Mazda 3 1.6 2010
Subaru Impreza 2.0 WRX 2005

Post #607037 Fri Nov 27 2020 9:57am
cormacr

Ireland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The new app is the top one, the older one is below. Both are available on the App Store.
On the older app you can only use remote climate via electric, the new app has the option for engine heating or electric.

Current: RRS P400e PHEV HSE Dynamic MY19.5 Santorini
Current: Mini Cooper SE Electric 2022
Current: Discovery D300 SE Commercial MY24
Gone: RRS 3.0TDV6 HSE MY 17 Santorini

Post #607051 Fri Nov 27 2020 4:22pm
Trapdoor

I have discovered that the Timed Climate when plugged in (certainly to my 7kW charger) uses mains electric to heat the car. About 3.5kW according to my Smart Meter display ... it doesn’t use the Webasto fuel heater or the battery.

Post #607060 Sat Nov 28 2020 7:25am
Pakolainen

Finland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Rimini Red

No account registered with this app, visit website, click link, details are already there, click save - an error occured.Over and over 2019 RRS P400e Autobiography
2014 RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE Dynamic
2006 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSe
Alfa Romeo Guillietta 2.0 JTDM 2011
Mazda 3 1.6 2010
Subaru Impreza 2.0 WRX 2005

Post #607063 Sat Nov 28 2020 9:31am
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

Trapdoor wrote:
About 3.5kW according to my Smart Meter display ...

wow that seems quite high! so 30 minutes to warm up the interior costs about 50p? that's gonna add up over the year! i'm almost glad it doesn't work on mine now Laughing  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #607110 Mon Nov 30 2020 12:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>