RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Kicked out of dealer after making a complaint !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Smarttech

United Kingdom 
Kicked out of dealer after making a complaint !

My car went in to Harwoods Crawley for a service and a few warranty issues which was a total balls up and had to go back a second time to be finished.
After the road test had been done a little later it was taken out for a 22 mile journey and then a stop off outside a residential house for 15 mins before returning to the dealer. I asked the service advisor why my car had been driving about at which point the service manager says he will look in to it. 5 minutes later they tell me it was a extended road test. When I asked about being parked up for outside a residential house for 15 mins I was told the driver must have stopped to take a private call !

I wasn't happy with the stories I was being told so made a complaint to Landrover uk about what had gone on at which point they apologised and had a Head of Busniess from Harwoods ring me and apologies at which point I was still not happy about what had gone on but considered it finished.

A couple of weeks after this I walked in to the dealer and bumped in to the Service Manager who told me to leave as I had made a complaint about them. I laughed at his sad little power trip he seemed to be trying to have and left.

After buying a £70k car and the shocking attitude I got from them when they go caught out as the car it tracked I wouldn't want to take the car back to the Crawley branch. Not what you expect from a main dealer ! 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #605207 Sun Oct 04 2020 8:08pm
knwatkins

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

That's terrible. I'd get back on to LR UK. Kev

MY2014 L405 RR Vogue SE 4.4 SDV8 in Corris Grey
MY2010 L320 RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 in Stornoway Grey

Post #605212 Sun Oct 04 2020 8:51pm
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Main stealers are under so much pressure with recalls and warranty work they are losing the plot.
Common problem so find a good indi approved dealer and give the MD 2 fingers.

Post #605216 Sun Oct 04 2020 10:09pm
andyslandy

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Tonga Green

Ask to speak to the principal dealer and inform him of the goings on in his showroom and that you intend to speak with LR again upon the outcome of your conversation/meeting, good luck but stick with it.

Post #605221 Mon Oct 05 2020 10:20am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

This idiot obviously does not grasp the fact that you & people like you pay his wages.
Looks like he has had his backside booted from his last fiasco. I would contact both Dealer Principal & Land Rover to get their reaction. Don't go in with all guns blazing, take the "I'm very apprehensive about coming back into the dealership" attitude as this is blatant bullying. I see another sore bottom coming Big Cry

Post #605222 Mon Oct 05 2020 10:34am
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

I think that's it for me and Harwoods Landrover. When I want a service or look to change my SVR I will not be setting foot in there showroom as don't feel like giving more money to a company who has no respect for customers. The sales side was great buying the car but as soon as you get to the service side or it, even booking the car in was hard work !

This is the second Range Rover sport I have purchased in 3 years from them so there loss. 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #605223 Mon Oct 05 2020 10:48am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Don't tell us, tell the dealership principal. He needs to sort his employees out if he wants to stay in business. LR probably won't care unless you're a serial new car buyer. Second hand stuff is of no interest to them as they make nothing from them. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #605225 Mon Oct 05 2020 11:13am
Rusty Ranger

United Kingdom 

A friend of mine had a big falling out with a different branch of Harwoods Landrover. They don't seem to have a good reputation.

Post #605244 Mon Oct 05 2020 11:07pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

My brother rejected a D4 from Harwoods B'stoke as they failed to fix a few things and just offered to take it back. Guess which 2 brothers won't ever use them now? Rolling Eyes Whistle Rolling with laughter Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #605248 Tue Oct 06 2020 8:46am
andyslandy

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Tonga Green

In the end the best way to sort these people out is to name and shame and then we don't use them, I must admit I tell them I'm on various LR forums and discuss just like we are here, which dealerships to avoid and which give good service and that if people don't come in and buy or have services and buy parts = no income and ultimately no job.

Post #605250 Tue Oct 06 2020 9:47am
jd2uk

United Kingdom 

Firstly I'd like to say there's absolutely no excuse for behaviour of this Service Manager and it should be escalated back to the Head of Business.

I do think individual experiences depend on the individuals within the dealerships - like any business there will be good members of staff and bad members of staff. I've certainly had mixed experiences with dealerships of all brands - not just Land Rover.

I do think that some people think that being a main dealer is a license to print money which really is not the case. They have big overheads, work on slim margins and rarely get the support required from the manufacturer. I have rejected a RRS after 12 months which resulted in a significant difference of opinion with the Service Manager, but despite we kept it friendly and that dealership still maintains my replacement RRS (despite there being two other dealerships that are nearer).

Post #605258 Tue Oct 06 2020 11:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1