RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > More Manafacturing Delays
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

MaximusDM

More Manafacturing Delays

We ordered our new Sport at the end of February and were originally looking to collect in June. We were then told this would be delayed to August due to Covid19 and then laterlly September. Well the dealer has just called to say due to shortages of parts etc we're now looking at a November or December date for collection. They did say if we were able to change our SVO colour choice they might be able to bring the date in slightly but we rejected that idea so have to wait another 3/4 months, ugh!

Post #602609 Sat Aug 01 2020 2:13pm
Zilver

Be prepared to wait until after Xmas for delivery. Supply chain issues are hampering production. I placed an order in June on the understanding of delivery in early September. Build date never materialised and the dealer came clean after being pressed. I cancelled the order in favour of an unregistered RRS that had been allocated to another dealer. Very similar to the car I had spec’d and delivered within a week of agreeing a price with the dealer Very Happy

Post #602630 Sun Aug 02 2020 12:09am
MaximusDM

Well done on picking up a similar car. I'm concerned as you say that it'll be delayed further a they've not exactly been honest with us. I could cancel and lose the 2.5k deposit but then be back to square one as my current PCP Sport will be up in April and could be cutting it fine.

Post #602660 Sun Aug 02 2020 7:52pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Are you trading your current PCP sport in? I thought the GMFVs were very over optimistic and trading it in will result in negative equity that they will be carrying into the next deal (rather than giving you the best discount). You might be better handing it back in April anyway. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #602661 Sun Aug 02 2020 8:03pm
MaximusDM

Yeah we're trading it in. We actually were only in the dealers to take a look in February with a view to order around December. They however were very keen on the sale when we were interested in the p400e sale and basically wrote off 8ks negative equity in our current Sport. Not sure if the fleet average c02 emissions were in a bad way and hence the offer 9n the p400e which is why I'm loathed to cancel.

Post #602664 Sun Aug 02 2020 8:45pm
Zilver

MaximusDM wrote:
Well done on picking up a similar car. I'm concerned as you say that it'll be delayed further a they've not exactly been honest with us. I could cancel and lose the 2.5k deposit but then be back to square one as my current PCP Sport will be up in April and could be cutting it fine.

Cannot see how you would lose the deposit if you were to cancel before the build date. Worth calling a few other dealers to see what stock they hold that matches your requirements ands also to validate what your dealer is telling you. Haggle hard. I got a 10.6% off the list price after I quoted Carwow figures to the dealer.

Post #602671 Sun Aug 02 2020 10:11pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Yes wait until April, hand yours back & haggle hard on a stock vehicle, you may need to accept something that’s 95% what you originally wanted but you’ll save £10k +, JLR are a volume brand like bmw & Mercedes so there are deals to be had, your £8k negative equity should then turn into a £10k plus discount if you buy right.

Post #602672 Sun Aug 02 2020 10:58pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

My fear would be that by April there will be very few if any cars in stock and as a result discounts will disappear. All the major manufacturers will be in a similar position. Production levels will take some considerable time to get back to their previous levels which may well leave a shortage of vehicles. There are an enormous number of PCP contracts that have ended during lock-down, all of which will need to be renewed. I can only see demand outstripping production.

As an aside how can anyone have negative equity in a lease or pcp car? The car may be worth less than the gfv at the end of the contrac but the owner hands the vehicle back with no obligation to recompense for the difference in value. It may be that if you want to break the contract the situation is different but if that is the case you can still run it to maturity with no financial loss.

regards
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #602684 Mon Aug 03 2020 10:41am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Tim You are correct, the negative equity is only applicable if you trade in or sell to break the contract, however on stock I think you are off the mark, Farnells have a new stock list online showing approx 1000 JLR units, Rockar are showing around 800 so I think with the inevitable recession coming, these vehicles & all the other big dealership groups stocks, there will be an abundance of stock deals available if people will accept something that is nearly what they want to get the large discounts that are available.

I’ve accepted I will be personal leasing my next one now & will just hand back at the end, on my maths it will save me around £3-400 per month with no worries, I understand it’s not for everyone but it will suit me.

Post #602687 Mon Aug 03 2020 12:10pm
MaximusDM

Zilver wrote:
MaximusDM wrote:

Cannot see how you would lose the deposit if you were to cancel before the build date. Worth calling a few other dealers to see what stock they hold that matches your requirements ands also to validate what your dealer is telling you. Haggle hard. I got a 10.6% off the list price after I quoted Carwow figures to the dealer.

When should I get a build date? Don't recall getting one of these on any of the other Sports I've had? I did mention potentially cancelling to the dealer who didn't seem to careless but I'm guessing as the vehicle hasn't been built yet that's why and one more off the backlog for them?

Post #602701 Mon Aug 03 2020 7:51pm
Zilver

Therein lies the issue. A build date is given by LR to the dealer 6-8 weeks ahead of the actual factory build. At this point, the specs cannot be altered and the dealer should reconfirm specs and order with the customer. Given the current supply chain issue, LR is not giving any build dates. Some dealers are honest about this issue and are indicating delivery after Xmas. Others simply make excuses and keep the customer in the dark in the hope that the order will not be cancelled.

I spec'd, placed an order and parted with a deposit in mid June on the understanding of delivery by the end of August. I was also assured that a build date would be given to me within a week of the order. When this did not materialise and after several dubious excuses from the dealer, I approached another dealer and secured an unregistered allocation from stock. Needless to say, I asked the original dealer to return my deposit which they did within two days.

Post #602705 Mon Aug 03 2020 9:46pm
MaximusDM

Ok I've just asked my dealer re a build date so will see what he says.

Post #602747 Tue Aug 04 2020 8:40pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I’ve read elsewhere that JLR is having problems sourcing some parts made by smaller suppliers because they shut down completely for the lockdown and are only now starting to wind back up to full production so expect build delays and claims that dealers have no idea when cars will be built. Sales of the New Defender 90 models have been stopped until March 2021 so that 110’s can continue to be built. Appreciate that L663 Defender is built at Nitra but many of the components are sourced in the U.K. too. This is also an issue for other European manufacturers. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #602769 Wed Aug 05 2020 8:16am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

I placed my order for a P400e a week ago and finalized the spec yesterday, after reading this and the other thread i queried them on delivery (originally stated as October), he said he wasn't aware of any delays and they hadn't seen any bulletins from the factory regarding RRS, he did say there were issues with XE & XF though, he also mentioned that they have "allocations" i'm not sure what they means, but they were pretty confident i'd have in in October.. though i'm in sales (technically pre-sales) and i'm well aware of some of the nonsense that my colleagues tell to customers! Embarassed

Post #602807 Wed Aug 05 2020 4:29pm
MaximusDM

Quote:

Nano2nd did you go for a standard paint colour? As mine is velocity so was told it adds another 6 weeks hence November/ December being quoted.

I did hear from my dealer today saying no build date as yet....

Post #602814 Wed Aug 05 2020 7:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>