Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > On the hunt for L320
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

B_Tank88

United Kingdom 
On the hunt for L320

I am looking at buying our first LR.

I am looking for a buying guide on here but can't find one, is there one around?

I'm in the market for a 2011+ HSE below 100k miles, had a look on the for sale ads on here some nice ones have sold recently.

Post #592389 Fri Dec 27 2019 10:32am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

If you search for Buying Guide, you'll find a lot of info here (such as https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic46842...rs+guide).
In hindsight, I'd say Tim's comment about not buying the first you see, is important. I'd also try hard for a really good warranty and check the small print so that you are 100% sure what is covered and what isn't. Be aware that you are buying a premium vehicle that will cost arms and legs when it goes wrong. But also remember that most of what you read here is from people who have problems and need solutions and there a re many others around who buy these vehicles, have little problems with them and so don't post much here. You also have to love the car to look at, sit in and drive. You will find many posts from members (me included) who will find any excuse to take the RRS out for a spin. And if you are walking across the car park with your shopping trolley (it has to be Waitrose see - ) )and take some pride in seeing your RRS waiting for you. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #592393 Fri Dec 27 2019 11:59am
B_Tank88

United Kingdom 

Thanks, I read through that PDF guide.

I was looking for some kind of list of common faults, as things to look out for when viewing these, I'd like to specifically know about any destructve faults that absolutely need to be considered when viewing.

I won't be buying the first one that I see, we have some time to find the right one. I will definitely be buying on condition.

I would prefer to buy privately so maybe a warranty would be not an option but would be nice to have.

Any other advice welcome.

Post #592496 Sun Dec 29 2019 11:24am
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I bought privately , the advice I was given was to ensure a full service history was available to scrutinese thoroughly which it was, low ownership is also a plus mine had 2 previous owners & by a colleague at work who has one to definitely avoid the 2.7 had mine almost 4 months & it is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven it's 2007 3.6 TDV8 & now has 90,000 miles showing the previous owner had the engine oil changed every six months as he was told that this helps the turbochargers I will keep this maintenance up as they are a costly repair if they fail, the only item I have replaced is a central locking door actuator this is a common fault & my independent changed it in about 1 hour, good luck with your search.

Post #592501 Sun Dec 29 2019 1:02pm
Tom_w_27

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

I would agree buy a low mileage, low owner cherished car.
These cars are coming down in price now, but maintaince costs will only get higher, as the car gets older.
Plenty of people get into the fold, without understanding they need constant maintenance, which involves ££££
I've got an early 2.7 and love it, all the engine models have issues.
A 3.6v8 will need turbos at around 100k, that's around £3k to replace.
Crank goes in the 2.7 another £3k for an engine and fit.
4.2 timing chains stretch and tensioner fails, also looking at a lot of money.

Post #592515 Sun Dec 29 2019 8:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1