RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Suspension - No access/ Extended mode
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

GSJ

Wales 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hey fella,

sorry for delay. So issue still exists. Had cambelt service a couple of weeks ago and also diagnostics. They couldn't find an issue with the height sensors as all were showing as functioning, so I didn't have a direct answer. It was mentioned something about something not 'porting'... I have literally no idea what this means.... but the suspects device was positioned at the front under the car, drivers side.

I keep checking the car and the problem still exists, seems to be sitting quite high but showing as normal ride height in the 4x4 settings screen.

Will go up, but wont go into access mode.... as its not affecting the car at the mo, im getting over the shock of the cambelt service then i'll be tackling the height issue...

Any news on your engine replacement??

G

Post #578660 Tue Apr 09 2019 12:38pm
knwatkins

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes, I got the car back last Saturday and it's now running like a dream.

The only issue I now have is the access mode/extended mode issue. There's a guy over on the disco forum who has exactly the same problem too. I've been posting over there to try and get some help on it: https://www.disco4.com/forum/suspension-slow-front-180288.html

I also did a few videos of the of the IID tool in the hope that someone will be able to suggest something and one of the guys over there has made some suggestions on things to try.

For reference, here are the videos:

Height and Calibration Values:

Height and Corner Valves:

Height and Height Sensors:

4x4 Screen:

After looking back at the videos, I worked out the drops when going from standard mode to access mode on each of the four corners:

Lowering Attempt 1
FL = 46mm drop
FR = 32mm drop
RL = 58mm drop
RR = 46mm drop

Lowering Attempt 2
FL = 38mm drop
FR = 23mm drop
RL = 55mm drop
RR = 45mm drop

Lowering Attempt 3
FL = 33mm drop
FR = 23mm drop
RL = 59mm drop
RR = 61mm drop

To me, it looks like my front right corner isn't dropping as much as the others and the car therefore thinks it's stuck on an obstacle so it then raises up to extended mode. Yours may be doing something similar. Kev

MY2014 L405 RR Vogue SE 4.4 SDV8 in Corris Grey
MY2010 L320 RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 in Stornoway Grey

Post #578669 Tue Apr 09 2019 3:58pm
GSJ

Glad its running ok now Kev, good man!

Thanks for the info too. Although Im not sure what corner(s) are causing the system to lift to extended, it does sound the same issue as what youre having too.

I have noticed now though, that when I press the button to go into Access Mode, it now throws up the 'Suspension Fault' warning light and stays at Normal ride height. Whereas a couple of weeks ago when I noticed the issue, the system started to drop and then 'Extended Height/ obstacle' kicked in and it raised.

I did notice when this happened the front would drop but the back was raised, suggesting the opposite issue that you're experiencing.

As previously mentioned, the garage diagnostic didn't kick up a fault with the height sensors....so scratching my head where to go next...

If you have any joy on the other forum, could you keep me in the loop??

G

Post #578671 Tue Apr 09 2019 4:17pm
GSJ

Kev, just a random thought.

My 2007 RRS has a number of suspension, HCD, access mode issues when the battery was on its way out. Replaced the battery 9as well as some drop links, and wishbones) and issues disappeared. Car fired up stronger than ever.

Reason I mention this as a left-field stab in the dark is, last week my battery was flat. Its been charged back up and hasn't had a subsequent problem starting, but to me, it does appear a bit 'laboured'.

On the Disco forum, there was mention of voltage across the sensors.... could a drop in battery voltage cause these issues??

just a (albeit simple) thought

G

Post #578672 Tue Apr 09 2019 4:26pm
knwatkins

I think a low battery on these cars can cause a lot of spurious faults on these cars.

I don't think it would cause errors on the voltages from the height sensors though. They are running down at 5V, so would be regulated down at that voltage. I they operated on 12V, it would be more of a possibility.

I'll let you know how I get on Thumbs Up Kev

Post #578753 Wed Apr 10 2019 8:52pm
knwatkins

Hi Gareth, just to let you know I fixed my 'extended mode when going into access mode' today!

After a lot of investigation and trying various things (testing height sensors, wiring, etc.) I bit the bullet and installed new front airsprings and dampers and it cured the problem! So, it must have been a worn damper that was limiting the vehicle from going down.

Off with the old and on with the new...

Click image to enlarge
Click image to enlarge
 Kev

Post #581031 Sat May 18 2019 2:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12