RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Autonomous Emergency Braking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

HaggisMan

United Kingdom 
Autonomous Emergency Braking

Keen as I am to test all the features of my car, I’m not terribly keen to try out this one as it would obviously involve not braking as I approached another vehicle and waiting / hoping for the car to slam on the anchors....!
So - has anyone experienced this feature in action and avoided / lessened an impact as a result? Interested to hear anyone’s stories

Post #574565 Mon Feb 04 2019 11:18pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Had this feature first on my SQ7 and it was a bit trigger happy. Sometimes reacted violently when reversing and applied braking. Or same when drifting a bit too close in traffic.

Haven’t experienced any emergency braking yet in the RRS. I get the feeling it’s not really a reliable deterrent. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #574585 Tue Feb 05 2019 9:20am
Punkawallah

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Adriatic Blue

I was just about to start a similar thread – I have now had my 2014 SDV6 AB (with Adaptive Cruise and Forward Alert) for 7 months. I presume it has AEB although I haven't checked for sure...

I turned off Forward Alert ages ago as, even on lowest/closest setting, I found it annoying – probably says something bad about my driving style…

Anyway – I have never experienced the Autonomous Emergency Braking – even in perhaps 2 or 3 situations when in my opinion it should DEFINITELY have come into action.

I’d love to hear of anyone who has experienced it – how late on does it come into action?

I am sure you don;t have to have Forward Alert turned on for AEB to work?

Post #574595 Tue Feb 05 2019 10:55am
Punkawallah

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Adriatic Blue

I have just seen this - I wonder whether this recall was issued in the UK as well?

https://www.automotive-fleet.com/315085/ja...ing-system

Post #574596 Tue Feb 05 2019 10:58am
Jay1001

I’ve experienced this once when my wife was driving the car and another car pulled out in front of us. It came on pretty late, to the point where I was almost certain we were going to crash if it hadn’t kicked in. The car showed a warning on the dash as it kicked in and braked in time to stop. Not something you’d want to experience often but good to know it worked when we needed it.

Funny thing is my wife had asked me the week before what AEB meant and why it was turned off on the settings screen. Good job she noticed this otherwise there was no way she could have reacted in time when the car pulled out in front of us a week later.

Post #574628 Tue Feb 05 2019 9:01pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

A little while ago I was driving up a steep road and crested a hill into unexpected low sunlight right in my eyes, dazzeling me.

Little did i know, but the car in front had reacted by slamming on the brakes.... the AEB on my car picked it up and slammed on the brakes before i had even noticed.

So i'd say it works, BRILLIANTLY!

Bow down Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #574633 Tue Feb 05 2019 9:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1