RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Vin numbers & service interval indication
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

pre7amble

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Giverney Green
Vin numbers & service interval indication

Hi, can anyone explain the Vin Number system.? I have a 2006 RRS first registered in October 2006 with a Vin Number 7A984***. As 2007 (ROW) started at 7A239036 and 2007 (NAS) started at 7A233805 it would make mine late 2007? Without understanding this getting parts is quite difficult.

Second question, according to the Handbook the Service Interval indicator is "market configurable" how do I recognise if it is enabled and at what it is set? If it is not enabled is it possible for me to enable it?
Richard

Post #567560 Wed Oct 24 2018 3:54pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Try searching the web for 'Land Rover VIN decoder' and you'll find several such as this one - https://www.firstfour.co.uk/land-rover-vin

That should clear up a few things for you - especially note that the model year does not start on 1st January so a vehicle made in 2006 can be a 2007 model year (MY).

Unless your vehicle has been re-imported at some point in its life the service indicator should be configured for the UK service schedule. I suppose you might be able to check by looking at the CCF files but you'd need an appropriate diagnostic tool to do that.

Regarding ordering parts - if ordering from e.g Dan at Duckworths, quoting the VIN number ensures you'll get the correct part. Non LR sources of parts use catalogues often quoting manufacturing years but they can be wrong sometimes. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #567569 Wed Oct 24 2018 6:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1