Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY18 & InControl Apps Probs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Violetpiano

United Kingdom 
MY18 & InControl Apps Probs

Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I can't find anything.

My MY18 has been pretty much trouble free until a problem with trying to connect InControl Apps. It connects, drops, tries to connect again, drops and just keeps doing this. I deleted the app, reinstalled and it connected fine the first time, then the same again, connects, drops, etc, etc.

I am using an iPhone 8 which has been always fine. Put the sim in another iPhone and the same prob. Tried an android phone and the same problem.

This isn't too big a prob as I can browse playlists via the Bluetooth connection but.....having deleted the app from my phone, when I put my phone to charge via the UBS points by the front armrests, my phone still tries to connect to InControl Apps. Has anybody else experienced this and know how I can just stop my phone trying to connect with InControl Apps?

Thanks
Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #559903 Tue Jun 26 2018 10:45am
syl

United Kingdom 

When I plug in my phone to charge it asks if I want to allow it to connect to incontrol apps (it is installed on my phone, but never used). I either say no or just ignore it. The phone continues to work as normal. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #559905 Tue Jun 26 2018 11:19am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Hi Syl, yes, when I had the app installed it used to ask that (which was also a little annoying as I used to want it to connect as default). But I have removed the app but I still get a message that takes over the whole screen with "inControl Apps trying to connect"

Post #559910 Tue Jun 26 2018 12:04pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Have you recently upgraded your phone to IOS11? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #559928 Tue Jun 26 2018 1:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Hey Tim,

Hope you are well. It is on version 11.4.

Cheers

Post #559929 Tue Jun 26 2018 2:00pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

All is well here Jas, it seems that you have the latest version then. I wondered if that might be causing your connectivity problems. With my past experiences with LR software I was expecting to have something not quite right with my new car’s systems when I updated to IOS 11.4 last week. If I had held my breath in anticipation I would be well dead by now, it just didn’t have any issues with the Mini Cinnected and CarPlay systems. A couple of days after that update I switched on the car and was greeted with a message stating that the car’s CarPlay and Satnav systems had been updated remotely overnight and that I should re-boot my phone to synch it with the new Mini Connected app with new functions........ this is in a car costing a little bit more than 1/3rd the price of a new 2018 RRS HSE D with ICTP. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #559933 Tue Jun 26 2018 2:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ScotRRS

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I have a similar problem. 2018 RRS, iPhone 6s running iOS 11.4. I sometimes get the InControl app prompt when connecting to the car and sometimes don't. Sometimes the iPhone will ask if it is OK to let the app connect sometimes nothing. More often than not it will try once then fail; then it will ask me to disconnect and try again, however when I attempt this it normally goes straight to error without properly re-trying. If that makes sense?

So with the InControl app failed, I go to source. The phone shows up as connected but when selected there is no sound from apple music or Spotify. I should also ad that sometimes the 'connection' is greyed out and sometimes as i said it is a clear symbol of the phone.

My only option then is to disconnect the cable and force the car to connect to Bluetooth audio, which is also problematic to achieve.

My last RRS 2015 would at least let the cable act as a line in connection which gives better sound quality than Bluetooth.

Is this just Land Rover not having updated software to keep up with Apple?

I have tried different cables and switching between the two USB inputs. Another point of note. If I unplug one USB and switch (normally without getting any joy with the connection) when I plug back into the first usb it doesn't even charge the phone anymore.

I could go on and on and on...... Censored

Post #560551 Tue Jul 03 2018 10:19am
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

This might sound a bit silly but its doing the same on my MY18 as well.

When it cuts out are you moving the cable at all?

On my car it shorts the connection every time you tug on the cable and the plug moves in the USB socket in the centre console.

Worth a look - might not even be software Smile

Post #560603 Tue Jul 03 2018 7:48pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Hi DM,

Congrats on your new RRS! It looks superb Thumbs Up

I have taken out and put the cable back in, tried both sockets. tried a different cables but still kept get it to connect.

I have given up on it!

Post #560649 Wed Jul 04 2018 8:32am
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Jas

With the cable plugged in and the phone playing music via the media menu and the phone selected as a USB connection - try giving the cable a little wiggle and see if that cuts the music out or makes a weird noise.

If it does its the same issue as in my car.

And thanks - yours looks amazing too !!!!

Post #560691 Wed Jul 04 2018 6:04pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

No issues here guys - all works as should although I find incontrol apps pretty Censored !

Dangermouse congrats - more pics pls mate!

Post #560703 Wed Jul 04 2018 9:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1