Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Order placed..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 19 <123 ... 789 ... 171819>

Cantona

United Kingdom 

lee551247 wrote:
Cantona wrote:
Looks a good spec Lee. Did you spend long deliberating on the leather colour?! I eventually came to the conclusion that Black was best!
I got a £2K discount.

I went for the lighter leather as I prefer to have a lighter cabin, The black does look good though, got a feeling the light steering wheel is going to look grubby very quickly. Very pleased with the discount I got then Thumbs Up

Do you mind me asking what discount you got Lee and from who?

Post #543575 Sun Dec 17 2017 1:42pm

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Cantona wrote:
Has anybody seen the FLUX grey in the flesh? Perhaps the carbon would stand out better on this as it looks slightly lighter than the Corris?
Questioning the colour again within 10 minutes of making my mind up Neutral

I think flux was a launch edition colour for the Disco so must. Lots of examples about

Post #543581 Sun Dec 17 2017 2:42pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Tonbridge have a SVR in Matt Flux. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #543594 Sun Dec 17 2017 4:42pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Thanks, just took a look, a bit too light I think

Post #543601 Sun Dec 17 2017 5:34pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

What are peoples views on the Velar, saw one on the road last night and I think it looks good.
If it was available as an SVR I might have considered it. The tweaks on the second gen SVR sport are for the good I think but all in all it is starting to look a little bit dated whereas the Velar does contain a little bit of the wow factor and a ‘futuristic’ sort of look?

Post #543752 Wed Dec 20 2017 6:52am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

For me the Velar is way below the Sport, even if, when a SVR version comes its still too small and estate like for me.
So thats a no then! SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #543756 Wed Dec 20 2017 9:58am
sally

United Kingdom 

Cantona wrote:
What are peoples views on the Velar, saw one on the road last night and I think it looks good.
If it was available as an SVR I might have considered it. The tweaks on the second gen SVR sport are for the good I think but all in all it is starting to look a little bit dated whereas the Velar does contain a little bit of the wow factor and a ‘futuristic’ sort of look?

It looks ok but I think they marketed it wrong. It's between an Evoque and sport but its priced like a sport. Why pay the same money for a car that isn't a sport?!
It was good for the short while it had the new technology.
It they called it a 'Sport coupe' and sold it as a sporty 2 door people would be snapping them up.

Haven't driven one as I can't be arsed when I know I won't be buying one.

You want one of these now Cantona, I know how you like to change your mind!! 😂 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #543780 Wed Dec 20 2017 5:11pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

No, I don't want one! Laughing
Definitely back on the SVR trail Sally, when does your pink one arrive?

Last edited by Cantona on Wed Dec 20 2017 5:18pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #543781 Wed Dec 20 2017 5:13pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #543782 Wed Dec 20 2017 5:17pm
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Cantona wrote:

I'll give you an honest, objective opinion. I own a First Edition Velar and just ordered a 2018 Sport SVR.

The Velar is an excellent vehicle, despite all the bashing that goes on in this forum. It drives wonderfully with great car like handling. Smooth and quiet in Comfort mode and very sporty in Dynamic and the 380hp in a vehicle this light (well compared to the Sport, but it's still heavyish) gives it pretty good performance. 5.3 zero to sixty time isn't bad at all. It can be had with all the tech and options of an HSE dynamic Sport which is why the price gets up there. I have the upgraded Meridian audio, messaging seats, HUD, park assist, 22 inch wheels etc etc. I don't know why people would expect a fully loaded Velar to be much cheaper than it is. Regardless that's subject to opinion of course.

Design wise, I actually think the Velar is a nicer, more modern design than the basic Sport although the facelift improved the Sport significantly. The smooth doors of the Velar with the retractable handles look great and reflects the light beautifully. The elongated wrap around lights are awesome. It's really the sum of the parts here. Lots of small details. Interior is beautiful and the seats are very comfortable for me but I'm not fat and out of shape. At night time this Velar looks even better. I think the next generation Sport will borrow heavily from this design language.

So why did I order an SVR? I had a 2010 Sport and I prefer the higher driving position for sure. The Velar is small. There isn't much room in the back and from the inside I don't like the small windows. I hate the sound of the V6 and after having 3 V8 vehicles in a row I've come to really love them. I test drove a 2017 SVR and the difference in driving experience is massive. The SVR feels solid, heavy, confident and fast, and the exhaust sound is unreal. I was sold within seconds. Even though the design is aging, the driving experience is from the inside and it's just awesome. And the differences with the new lights, bumpers, exposed carbon fiber hood, wheels and interior changes are pretty good. So yeah, an SVR is a much better vehicle but it really should be for $50k (USD) more than the $90k I paid for the Velar. The increase was large for me because I went for an SVO colour, and every option. But I know I'll be happier with the larger size, higher ride height, and the fantastic V8.

Sure there will be a Velar SVR at some point but it's still small and low and that's not for me. Oh also all this talk about the Velar not selling might be true in the UK but not in the US at least. My dealer said they're selling very well and it outsold the Macan in November I think it was. It's not a failure for LR by any means. People just don't think small vehicles should be expensive and LR have learned that the hard way. They have to provide some discounts until they make some adjustments.

Here's my Velar in case anyone was interested:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kx0JiKiFmyTcSUCA3

Can't wait to get my SVR in May. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #543851 Fri Dec 22 2017 7:34am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Very nice Andrew, and look forward to seeing you new SVR. Thumbs Up

Lovely pictures. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #543861 Fri Dec 22 2017 11:10am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that Andrew, a really good insight & is more or less how I see it too.
I had a Macan Turbo earlier this year but I prefer the look of the Velar for sure.
Nice pics of the Velar, is that Corris Grey?
What colours/spec have you gone with on the SVR?

Nick.

Post #543866 Fri Dec 22 2017 12:07pm
AHSFCA

The Macan turbo must have been really fun to drive. I was briefly tempted by the Macan as it looks great. I see so many in my neighborhood though. It obviously has that emphasis on being a sports car in a crossover body and Porsche always pulls that off. It's even lower than the Velar though. We also have an Audi SQ5 and it is a really great value for the cost. The V6 in that sounds amazing, it's faster than the Velar and was $25k cheaper but doesn't have all the same tech.

As others have said I wonder if LR marketed the Velar properly. I wish they offered an autobiography version with a V8 and it was just a little bit larger but then that is what the Sport is for I guess. I suppose they did their research. Supposedly about 20% of sales are coming from Evoque owners and a huge chunk of the rest are coming from other brands. I could see it being a good move from a sports sedan (I had an S4 and S5) for people who want a little more utility and are getting into the crossover thing.

oh yes my Velar is Corris Grey. Really nice colour! In the bright sunshine it's lighter. I use Autoglym HD wax on it and then their quick detailing spray after washing it. That colour needs a good wax. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #543880 Fri Dec 22 2017 4:50pm
AHSFCA

SVR575 wrote:
Very nice Andrew, and look forward to seeing you new SVR. Thumbs Up

Lovely pictures.

Thank you! I like to take out the nice camera once in a while. Will post pics of the SVR but it's going to be long wait for me. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #543881 Fri Dec 22 2017 4:54pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I do wonder whether there will ever be a V8 Velar SVR, or F-Pace SVR for that mater. Certainly I very much doubt both. All the mules videoed doing the 'Ring are listed as 3L cars. Does the V8 fit in the Velar/F-Pace (I suspect it will, but anyone know for sure)? 

Post #543891 Fri Dec 22 2017 8:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 19 <123 ... 789 ... 171819>