RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Private Plate on PCP
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Amarb

United Kingdom 
Private Plate on PCP

Hi, I am currently waiting on my order for my new RRS Auto Bio Dynamic, I have bought this from Land Rover via PCP finance from Black Horse

Am I allowed to put my private plate on it once I have received the car? or do I need to seek permission from them first etc?

Post #530112 Tue Jul 11 2017 1:39pm
kmpowell

PCP the car is registered in your name so you are free to do with what you wish.

PCL or any other lease will normally mean the car is registered in the finance company's name, so you can't. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #530113 Tue Jul 11 2017 1:44pm
wilf

Well, actually I have seen it done on leased cars. No idea how. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #530120 Tue Jul 11 2017 3:58pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mine is registered on a private plate on a PCP, the car was registered with that plate before delivery. Tell the supplying dealer you want to put a plate on it as the finance company only get the paperwork after you sign the paperwork.when you change the car next time just ask DVLA for an age related plate and put your cherished one on retention. I've done this for my last 6 cars. If you want to transfer a plate to the new car after delivery then contact the finance company - mine is also with Land Rover Finance/Black Horse Finance and has never been a problem - don't forget to also tell your insurer. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #530122 Tue Jul 11 2017 4:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Amarb

United Kingdom 

Thanks. I'll get in touch with my dealer and ask them to put it on for me.

Post #530126 Tue Jul 11 2017 4:57pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Yes, private plate on a pcp is fine. I would do it the other way around. Get the dealer to register it and to supply an extra set of plates with your reg Wink

Then when your V5C comes through, simply go online to DV?aa website and assign your private reg.

The DVLA will notify the finance company of the change. This way when you come to sell/partex you can revrse the process quickly and the car goes back on its originsl reg. Thumbs Up Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #530152 Tue Jul 11 2017 9:08pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thumbs Up 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #530155 Tue Jul 11 2017 9:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
milesg

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black

I have just bought a RRS AB thru PCP at Land Rover Droitwich. When I put my private plate on I got a letter from LR Finance saying they had been made aware of the plate change and had adjusted their records accordingly.

Post #530176 Wed Jul 12 2017 8:41am
BKHK

Australia 

Out of interest, its a different system here. I have 3 sets of private plates in my name (2 of mine and my wife's) We can have what we want on a plate (more or less). When they are taken off a car, they get returned to the Department of Transport office in the city and they keep them. I have private on the M3 and on my wife's car.

I decided to put the remaining old of private plates (held by the DOT since 2015) on the RRS last Friday afternoon at about 4pm. I drove to the DOT office (its only 3km), removed the standard issue plates which were on the car when I bought it, went inside, took my ticket and when my number was called, went to the counter and handed in the standard plates.

The lady went to wherever they keep the stored plates and came back with them, complete with old screw holes and screws! 10 quid transfer fee and I was in the car park with my screwdriver attaching the plates to the RRS. by 4.30, I was all done Thumbs Up

Post #530191 Wed Jul 12 2017 1:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1