Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Advise please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

newbuyer69

United Kingdom 
Advise please

Hello RRS owners

We test drove the RRS Diesel 2.0 SD4 HSE today and really lived it.

Thinking of ordering Santorini BlacK with Black Interior and Privacy Glass.

My wife wants Fixed Side Steps, as she struggled to get into the car.

I understand the 2.0 litre is new.

Has anyone got a 2.0 litre HSE and advise or comments please.

I am buying through a broker who with source the car and provide finance on a PCP at 4.9% with a high residual.

It makes it quiet affordable, compared with Land Rover Finance.

If we do not buy the car through a dealership, can we purchase the 5 year service plan afterwards?

90% ready to order, just need to ensure that I have not missed anything!!

Thanks in advance

Post #526939 Sat May 27 2017 10:03pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

No experience of the 2.0ltr in RRS but drove both the F Pace and Discovery 5 with the same output and was impressed with it apart from it being very vocal when cold but once the engine is warmed up it is as smooth and quiet as my 3.0 SDv6. I have also driven the same engine in a Jaguar XE and it had the same characteristics but in a RWD drive car. Don't expect to get anywhere near the claimed mpg though. Also the engine in RRS / Disco5 is not the same one as fitted to the Discovery Sport or Evoque, they have the lower power map and a single turbo, RRS/F Pace and Discovery 5 have the twin turbo version and a different ECU map.
Regarding the 5 year service agreement - this is a Land Rover "factory fitted" option not a dealer acessory if you look on the LR website online configurator, so you should get the broker to tick the right boxes on the order form. IIRC you can opt for it up to either 1 month or 90 days after taking delivery, but that would need confirmation. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #526953 Sun May 28 2017 6:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
newbuyer69

United Kingdom 

Thanks Tim

My wife has mentioned that you can get an extra to detect against "blind spots". Do you think this extra is required?

Post #526955 Sun May 28 2017 7:36am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes Blind Spot monitoring is an option, I had it on my Evoques as it was part of an option "pack". I found it annoying when driving the country lanes in the area I live in as overhanging hedges and branches triggered the near side mirror alarm all the time. What I would recommend is to combine it with reverse approaching traffic detection if you do a lot of perpendicular parking in car parks as the two systems operate in conjunction to detect traffic driving along a line of parked cars that you might not have seen. RRS wing mirrors are pretty big and I don't miss the BLIS on my current car 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #526956 Sun May 28 2017 8:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DRBA22

United Kingdom 

I have the new 2.0 litre 240 HSE in Carpathian and Privacy Glass.
Previously I had a 2.2 litre Evoque Dynamic in Corris. I have always liked the RRS but retired now, so average journey is less than 20 miles. However, I did a trip from Yeovil to Lancaster & back on the same day which is just under 600 miles and felt fine after the 10 hours or so behind the wheel.
First, the new engine combined with the 8 speed gearbox is much smoother than the Evoque and the acceleration is better.
The Evoque would hesitate at road junctions and roundabouts, which occasionally induced horns sounds from other cars. Despite it's 9 speed, it seemed to me that the Evoque was reluctant to choose any gear.
The new RRS is completely different, much smoother gear change and an absolute joy to drive.
Coincidentally after ordering the car my wife has had a vertical compound fracture (broken vertebrae), so ingress and egress is severely impaired. I have a temporary solution with a plastic caravan step which I keep in the boot. You could call it a manually deployable sidestep. Cost £14 from Am***n.
The only extra I wish I had got is 360 parking or 360 camera as it's a "flipping" big car to park.
Also, I haven't gone for the service deal as servicing is every 2 years, so might only have one service during my ownership.
The fuel consumption is on a par with the Evoque and top-up to top-up is 10% less efficient than the In-Control MPG claim. In other words, claimed 43mpg is actually 39mpg. I expect fuel efficiency to improve after a 5 or 6k miles.

Post #526958 Sun May 28 2017 8:17am
newbuyer69

United Kingdom 

Thank you both for your helpful comments.

My wife and I keeping talking about the pros and cons.

It is the nicest looking car and we have always wanted a RRS, but we cannot decide if it is too big!!!!

The 360 camera could be a good ideal.

My wife is very short, so a step would be needed!!

Post #526963 Sun May 28 2017 9:27am

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

My wife always drove small cars and was very anti anything larger than a mini, she is 5' nothing tall.
I bought her a RRS as a surprise after we had twin boys to cart their junk about, we are now on our third sport always have side steps and she loves love them, when changing the last time I offered to get her a small car, she declined and now awaiting our SVR

Post #526965 Sun May 28 2017 9:51am
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

If you te going to get a black one, expect to double your car washing events as black is a Censored to keep clean Very Happy Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #526969 Sun May 28 2017 11:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1