RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Manual Rear Seat Adjustment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Clock

United Kingdom 
Manual Rear Seat Adjustment

I have standard manual 60:40 split rear seats, they have a side adjustment lever that lets you set two backrest position angles and also fold the seat backs forward for more boot space.

The manual says there is a also bar handle underneath the front cushion which allows the seats to move forwards and backwards however my seats do not have that control handle.

With the seats positioned with their backs are far back as possible there is around a 3 inch gap between the rear of the seats and the luggage space roller blind. I don't have blacked out windows so you can see into the boot from the outside, even when the roller cover is unrolled.

Am I missing something or is that how they designed it?

Post #525693 Tue May 09 2017 11:44am
mikef

United Kingdom 

I'm guessing that you dont have the 7 seater model because AFAIK the forwards/backwards movement of the rear seat isnt fitted on 5 seater models. At least it isnt on my 2014 5 seater HSE and it also doesn't seem to be fitted on the latest 5 seater models either which is a bit cheap by L-R IMHO. And yes even with the backrests of the rear seats inclined fully back, there is a big gap between the backrests and the luggage space blind which again IMHO is really cheap bit of design. I try to ensure that I dont leave the car with luggage pushed to the front of the boot so it remains hidden

FWIW I've just bought a new poverty spec Q5 for the wife and even that has a sliding rear seat so quite why L-R think it appropriate to delete it from their 5 seat models which might cost twice as much I dont know. Just one of many poor design features on the L494 but we keep buying them so its L-R who are laughing all the way to the bank

Post #525785 Wed May 10 2017 2:08pm
Autobiography

Not fitted for any model year on 5 seat derivatives which is a shame.

Post #525815 Wed May 10 2017 5:08pm
Clock

United Kingdom 

Thanks for confirming, it's not the rear seat slide option I am concerned about but the big gap between the seats and the roller cover.

It is a shame as there is enough room for the seat back to go back further to close the gap, it is stopped by the seat back mechanism.

Oh well, another DIY job needed!

Post #525831 Wed May 10 2017 6:48pm
wilf

Yes, I notice that gap too. A determined potential thief might make use of it. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #525844 Wed May 10 2017 9:16pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Clock wrote:
Thanks for confirming, it's not the rear seat slide option I am concerned about but the big gap between the seats and the roller cover.

It is a shame as there is enough room for the seat back to go back further to close the gap, it is stopped by the seat back mechanism.

Oh well, another DIY job needed!

You can close the gap a bit by reclining the seats, but not completely.

Personally, I think the roller cover is a bl00dy nuisance anyway, it's really awkward to remove when you need to, and the blind often comes out of the slider when in normal operation.

Post #525845 Wed May 10 2017 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1