RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Cornering and Headlights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

cmec

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red
Cornering and Headlights

Very pleased with my new car but I'm curious about a couple of things, on my previous L320 Sport it was fitted with cornering lights but are they fitted to the L494 because if they are mine doesn't work, also at night I keep being flashed to dip my headlights when they are dipped. I thought they were self leveling. Is it back to the dealer Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by cmec on Fri Apr 28 2017 11:34am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #524722 Fri Apr 28 2017 9:46am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Cornering lamps are no longer standard. They were on L320. Even my Autobiography doesn't have them. I think you only get them with adaptive headlamps now.

Did you spec self-leveling headlamps because again, they aren't standard? If you have the static ones, they may be set too high like mine were from new. I had the dealer adjust them as they car was going in for something else but there are instructions for DIY somewhere on the forum if you search. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #524723 Fri Apr 28 2017 10:03am
cmec

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Hi fkarim and thanks for the info. When I say new car I meant that it was new to me, it is fact a 63 plate hse. Any way of determining whether it is fitted with with cornering and self leveling but it just isn't working.

Post #524731 Fri Apr 28 2017 11:54am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

For cornering lamps, see this thread for where the bulbs are if fitted: http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic46409.html

For adaptive lights, I don't know how to check 'on the car' when they are fitted but NOT working, other than reading car configuration using a diagnostic tool. However, you can register your VIN on Topix website (Google "Topix Land Rover") for free and check the original spec there. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #524736 Fri Apr 28 2017 12:33pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Can I ask what may be a silly question - if the complete car is self levelling via the air suspension, what is the point in having self levelling headlights? Surely they are reserved for fixed spring vehicles? 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #524749 Fri Apr 28 2017 4:57pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

cmec wrote:
Hi fkarim and thanks for the info. When I say new car I meant that it was new to me, it is fact a 63 plate hse. Any way of determining whether it is fitted with with cornering and self leveling but it just isn't working.

I suppose it may be different bearing in mind the difference in years yours to mine but on my 2008 TDV8 (with cornering lamps) they are difficult to miss at night. As soon as you slow down to take a sharp corner or turn at a road junction you can see them come on. In addition turning on the left or right indicator at a slow speed (around 25 mph I think) or slower and again they are obvious to see. There's not much point in cornering lights if they don't add illumination to a different part of the road from headlights Very Happy
And mine also has headlights linked to the steering (adaptive?) which you can also see in action if manoeuvring at slow speed - at about 10mph is most obvious.
I take insioric's point about self levelling but I think there is some activity built into the adaptive lights if only because I think this is part of the self test ("dance") when you first turn the lights on. And very expensive it is too if they go wrong Exclamation Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #524794 Fri Apr 28 2017 11:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1