RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Power Steering & Dynamic Response Fluid
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Power Steering & Dynamic Response Fluid

I've been to a Texaco Station today, looking for the Texaco Cold Climate PAS and couldn't find it. The part number apparently is STC50519 and when I enter that into Google I get both the Land Rover branded bottles and Ravenol SSF bottles. I don't know what I have in the car at the moment, does anyone know if Ravenol is a satisfactory alternative to the LR branded bottle? It's about £10.00/litre cheaper (http://www.ravenol-direct.uk/ravenol-ssf-fluid.html, plus have a look at the review at the bottom of the page, I would like to think that it's a genuine review but you never know if it was placed there to generate sales).

As a slightly separate question, should the power steering and dynamic response systems be flushed every x-number of years/miles? What symptoms are synonymous with them needing a flush and replacement? My car has done 84k and the steering is fine, seems very light when parking, however I wan't the best for my car and don't want "old" liquids causing an issue longer down the line.
Thx Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #523965 Tue Apr 18 2017 5:44pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

If you look on ebay you will find some cheaper alternatives, which are useful for toping up (if it leaking)

People don't tend to change the PAS fluid.

The DRF has a filter in the system I understand, so that may benefit from a change.
These tend to leak out however so the fluid automatically gets changed during ownership

Post #523966 Tue Apr 18 2017 6:20pm
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Thanks Andy. I've just watched the following video about the dynamic response service:

http://www.roverparts.com/resources/videos...ercharged/

I looks as though the filter needs replacing after 75k and all-in-all it's a pretty simple task. Though I could be very wrong Whistle Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #523977 Tue Apr 18 2017 9:00pm
CANROVER

Canada 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Apparently it's just power steering fluid. I have a leak in my ACE system so I went to the dealership yesterday to pick up a bottle and it on the back it says something like:

Contains Petroleum oil (power steering fluid)

Anyways check out this post and decide for yourself.... I may just buy PS fluid the next time around.

http://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery...tic-27948/

Post #524018 Wed Apr 19 2017 3:32pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Trouble is the LR PAS fluid isn't regular Red PAS fluid.

It's green, which may mean it's mineral based.
It maybe compatible with other green PAS fluid.

If you aren't going through litres of it, do you want to take the risk?

Post #524021 Wed Apr 19 2017 5:46pm
CANROVER

Canada 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I hear you.. Alot won't out of fear but if you only saw how these fluids are manufactured and where they are made you would see that it is one MASSIVE manufacturing plant spewing out various brands of fluids for various companies. The OEM brand you buy from the dealership is most likely exactly the same (and I can't stress that enough) as a generic brand you can pick up at a Walmart or auto supply shop. The trick is to find the exact same fluid under a different brand and for the most part Google is your friend.

All this to say that, yes I would take the risk BUT, I research the crap out of these fluids before deciding which brand to use as an alternative. To give you an idea..... My Rangie ONLY takes 5W20 Castrol Edge Professional Engine Oil Specked to some unattainable codes, i.e. Here in Canada you can only get this boutique oil from the dealership at 57 bucks per litre and even then some of them do not sell it.

My solution, Castrol Edge Titanium or something of the sort. Same 5W20 Oil except it doesn't glow under UV light. BOOHOO

Big Cry

Post #524031 Wed Apr 19 2017 7:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1