RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Sat Nav - voice volume problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kmpowell

Sat Nav - voice volume problem

When I'm on a set route at night with the kids asleep in the car, I like to have the sat nav voice commands turned down to a very low volume (low but still audible). Seemingly I can adjust the volume of a single voice command as it speaks, by turning the volume knob, but unlike previous brands ive had which remembers that adjusted volume level, at the next command the RRS resets itself back to the original volume?!?

Am I missing a setting (highly likely) or is this yet another bug/feature of LR? SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #518027 Fri Feb 17 2017 9:21am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Can't remember, but is there a volume setting in the System Settings pages of the Touch Screen? 

Post #518061 Fri Feb 17 2017 1:34pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

On my car as long as you adjust the Sat Nav volume as you are getting an announcement, it stays at that new volume level until ignition is turned off.
You can also preset the Volume control for announcements under system settings. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #518079 Fri Feb 17 2017 8:22pm
wilf

Mine works like that too. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #518089 Fri Feb 17 2017 9:30pm
kmpowell

Johnski wrote:
On my car as long as you adjust the Sat Nav volume as you are getting an announcement, it stays at that new volume level until ignition is turned off.

Hmmm, that's what I was expecting. But my car isn't playing fairly, so I'm going to have to see if I can reset it or something because at the next announcement it resets the volume to what's set in the main volume settings. Neutral SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #518356 Mon Feb 20 2017 1:58pm
matsoutback

Australia 

I am "enjoying " the same feature. I adjust the volume while the announcer is in progress , then the next announcement is back to the previous high volume setting. On my last trip I muted the announcements. I couldn't find any settings for volume while driving. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #523645 Fri Apr 14 2017 9:51pm
kmpowell

matsoutback wrote:
I am "enjoying " the same feature. I adjust the volume while the announcer is in progress , then the next announcement is back to the previous high volume setting. On my last trip I muted the announcements. I couldn't find any settings for volume while driving.

Glad it's not just me then. I've resorted to switching off all the voice commands when travelling at night with the kids asleep. It's very irritating TBH, especially as the RRS Nav isn't the most intuitive when it comes to onscreen commands. I did a 4hr journey the other night across mainly A roads and I missed a junction turn off because of this problem, resorting to a long drive to the next junction to turn around so we could go back. Banging Head SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #523673 Sat Apr 15 2017 9:02am
matsoutback

Australia 

I resorted to reading the manual and under volume settings for the sat nav, it says to adjust with the volume knob or steering wheel controls. It should remain at the selected volume level without re-adjusting. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #523677 Sat Apr 15 2017 9:35am
kmpowell

matsoutback wrote:
I resorted to reading the manual and under volume settings for the sat nav, it says to adjust with the volume knob or steering wheel controls. It should remain at the selected volume level without re-adjusting.

Mine says that too, but clearly there's a bug somewhere in our configurations that needs to be fixed as no matter what I do I can't get it to remember the desired volume. Strange that it's happening on both a MY16 and a MY17 car. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Last edited by kmpowell on Sat Apr 15 2017 3:08pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #523678 Sat Apr 15 2017 9:42am
Clock

United Kingdom 

I have the same problem (amongst others) and have reported it to JLR, they promised a response by the end of next week.

Post #523700 Sat Apr 15 2017 2:49pm
kmpowell

Clock wrote:
I have the same problem (amongst others) and have reported it to JLR, they promised a response by the end of next week.

Be sure to update this thread if you get any sort of answer/resolution.

Out of interest what what MY is yours? SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #523701 Sat Apr 15 2017 3:08pm
Clock

United Kingdom 

I will update when I get a response, they have already confirmed the USB playlist function has been dropped (and will be removed from the manual as some point). My car is MY17.

Post #523702 Sat Apr 15 2017 3:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1