RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > STUPID QUESTION ALERT ;-) Do I have ARC?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rdr

United Kingdom 
STUPID QUESTION ALERT ;-) Do I have ARC?

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way of telling if my 2005 RRS has ARC or not? Need to have rear anti roll bar D bushes replaced, and garage has asked if car has ARC - hundred of pounds more if it has ARC apparently.

Thanks in advance

Post #516964 Tue Feb 07 2017 11:07am
nigethecat

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Have you tried phoning your local LR Dealer, giving them your VIN and asking them which bushes you need ? I did that with mine just to make sure - the easy option for us non-techy people !

Post #516967 Tue Feb 07 2017 11:27am
d-9

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

The local dealer was surprisingly helpful when I called up and said 'will this part no fit my car'. It turns out they were probably wrong, but they were helpful!

Post #516972 Tue Feb 07 2017 12:27pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

It would help if you filled in your profile for you car details

If it's a 2.7 diesel the answer is probably NO.

If its a 4.2 SC petrol the answer would be YES

Post #516976 Tue Feb 07 2017 1:02pm
Jaggs

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

My 2.7 does, is there a reservoir with a yellow cap behind divers headlamp? If so its fitted, shouldn't be hundereds more for bushes though, a little more awkward but not to that degree Nanocom Evo

Post #517003 Tue Feb 07 2017 5:07pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It was an option on HSE 2.7's from launch standard on the 4.2 and 4.4 V8's - official name was Dynamic Response and it has other benefits than just tightening handling on road as it allowed 2005/2006 MY RRS to run 20" wheels without nullifying their warranty as it included the necessary uprated steering rack. It also does some nice tricks off-road that most owners will never benefit from on road, like it can automatically disengage the rear anti-roll bars for greater wheel articulation and then relocate them and it can allow one wheel to "reach" down a further 10cms than normal in an attempt to find hard ground to direct the power to............. which is one thing a Disco3 cannot do as DR was never offered on Disco3 and it makes RRS actually a very slightly better car off-road..........dons anorak and closes door............ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #517006 Tue Feb 07 2017 5:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rdr

United Kingdom 

Clever people on every forum Wink

Andy K wrote:
It would help if you filled in your profile for you car details

If it's a 2.7 diesel the answer is probably NO.

If its a 4.2 SC petrol the answer would be YES

Post #517030 Tue Feb 07 2017 9:16pm
rdr

United Kingdom 

Jaggs wrote:
My 2.7 does, is there a reservoir with a yellow cap behind divers headlamp? If so its fitted, shouldn't be hundereds more for bushes though, a little more awkward but not to that degree

Thanks a lot Jaggs, will have a look in morning. They seem to think 7 hours with, up to 2 without, and their labour rate is not exactly cheap.

Appreciate it..

R

Post #517031 Tue Feb 07 2017 9:18pm
rdr

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
It was an option on HSE 2.7's from launch standard on the 4.2 and 4.4 V8's - official name was Dynamic Response and it has other benefits than just tightening handling on road as it allowed 2005/2006 MY RRS to run 20" wheels without nullifying their warranty as it included the necessary uprated steering rack. It also does some nice tricks off-road that most owners will never benefit from on road, like it can automatically disengage the rear anti-roll bars for greater wheel articulation and then relocate them and it can allow one wheel to "reach" down a further 10cms than normal in an attempt to find hard ground to direct the power to............. which is one thing a Disco3 cannot do as DR was never offered on Disco3 and it makes RRS actually a very slightly better car off-road..........dons anorak and closes door............

Thanks Tim, that's handy to know - although I hope mine doesn't have it Wink All the best

Post #517032 Tue Feb 07 2017 9:20pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Dynamic Response applies to both ends, not just the rear end and allows both ends to behave as if they are not fitted with anti roll bars off road. On road it gives better roll control than standard bars.

As for bush replacement costs, there shouldn't be a huge difference between the two systems. Certainly not over one hundred pounds. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #517057 Wed Feb 08 2017 12:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1