RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2010 fobs not working? 3 green wires and splice missing?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jase3983yorkshire

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
2010 fobs not working? 3 green wires and splice missing?

Hi everyone can anyone advise me? Both my fobs stopped working yesterday so i have looked for the 3 green wires and the splice in the loom in passenger side footwell but it doesnt seem to be there on my car im wondering if its because its a 2010 model. Has anyone else had this issue who can advise on a fix? TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather f&r, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Dab Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, Heated steering wheel,tow bar,autobiography kit,piano black interior.rear camera, extended leather pack,adaptive cruise control.

Post #516199 Sun Jan 29 2017 2:22pm
Jase3983yorkshire

No one had this problem or can advise? Im thinking maybe my reciever or kvm module has gone? TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather f&r, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Dab Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, Heated steering wheel,tow bar,autobiography kit,piano black interior.rear camera, extended leather pack,adaptive cruise control.

Post #516247 Sun Jan 29 2017 10:33pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Should emphasise I've luckily not had this problem but do remember reading on the Disco 3 site that the splice is not in exactly the same place on every car so can take a few hours to track down. IIRC the splice may be a metre or so further down the loom than where you are looking. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #516294 Mon Jan 30 2017 3:11pm
Jase3983yorkshire

Hi paddi, im not sure if mine has it with it been a 2010 model. I have searched the whole wiring loom to the back passenger area and under the rear flooring where theres a large black plastic duct and i still cant find these 3 green cables with a splice although there is a few other splices a red one and 2 yellow ones do i might repair them just incase the colours have changed on the newer model. If this doesn't work i need someone local to test my receiver and kvm. Im wondering if RAC has the techno to diagnose the fault for me. TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather f&r, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Dab Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, Heated steering wheel,tow bar,autobiography kit,piano black interior.rear camera, extended leather pack,adaptive cruise control.

Post #516300 Mon Jan 30 2017 3:30pm
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Sorry can't help with wire colour change as my manual only covers the pre-facelift.

Have you thought about contacting one of the forum sponsor mobile chaps - isn't Flack your nearest? - he's in Preston I think.

Or you need a friendly local owner with same model and year who also owns a IID Tool (can read faults on any VIN # of same MY)

Otherwise just keep posting and maybe someone will come along who has the knowledge! 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #516310 Mon Jan 30 2017 6:42pm
Jase3983yorkshire

Hopefully someone will come along mate, On a plus Im guessing my range rover is one of the safest from these car thieves at the moment with the wireless technology not working and i can only access my car with a key Smile TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather f&r, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Dab Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, Heated steering wheel,tow bar,autobiography kit,piano black interior.rear camera, extended leather pack,adaptive cruise control.

Post #516319 Mon Jan 30 2017 7:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1