RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Misfueled Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SturgeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey
Misfueled Sport

Hi all, does anyone know how to get to the top of the fuel tank on a 2011 RRS. Do the back seats have to come out? Big Cry MY 11 RRS Luxury Stornoway Grey Ivory/Black leather contrast stitching Logic7 side steps roof DVD system for the grand daughter. Mercedes SL500 for the summer. Vito Sport X for work. Gone to many to list but what larks

Post #516170 Sun Jan 29 2017 11:12am
Orange RRS

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

From memory you will have to drop the tank, might be easier to pump it out using the electric fuel pump. Or try and suck it out from the fuel filter outlet or high pressure pump supply hose.
If you are in the AA or RAC they will normally come out and do it for you. Life's too short to drive boring cars !
2005 Supercharged First Edition
2013 Evoque

Post #516182 Sun Jan 29 2017 12:08pm
Danv8

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Alaska White

Must be a Sunday thing, this was me, last Sunday! I put £30 on top of a 1/4 of a tank.

Click image to enlarge
[/URL

£156 plus I paid £40 for a fuel additive which adds lubricant to prevent damage. (Not required but better safe than sorry)

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #516189 Sun Jan 29 2017 12:56pm
SturgeRRS

Well I think I must share this with everyone and I know I will probably get some flack for it. After completely removing the back seats of the car and all I found was a squashed Rolo and various sweet rappers I decided that there was definitely not going to be any access to the fuel tank from there. Dropping the plate under the car to try and get to the fuel filter wasn't any better as I couldn't get the car up high enough to see what I was doing. I was just about to give up then I remembered talk of the shraider valve on top of the engine under the cover. With that off, it's easy to see. Now I know there is a special tool for this but on a Sunday there ain't much chance of getting one. So I had to compromise with the aid of a foot pump. I cut the pipe off and hey presto, my own special tool. So with that in a container and an awful lot of 25 seconds I managed to drain the tank. Fresh diesel in and now it seems to be running as it should. I've told the missis if she does it again then divorce is the only way forward...... Razz MY 11 RRS Luxury Stornoway Grey Ivory/Black leather contrast stitching Logic7 side steps roof DVD system for the grand daughter. Mercedes SL500 for the summer. Vito Sport X for work. Gone to many to list but what larks

Last edited by SturgeRRS on Sun Jan 29 2017 4:32pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #516213 Sun Jan 29 2017 4:18pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

excellent solution when you don't have a jack. Cool

Let's just hope you don't have a flat tyre next week Rolling with laughter

Post #516214 Sun Jan 29 2017 4:30pm
SturgeRRS

It was the only solution when you've spent most of the morning doing things you don't need to!!! But we live and learn.... Embarassed

The flat tire was last week Rolling Eyes MY 11 RRS Luxury Stornoway Grey Ivory/Black leather contrast stitching Logic7 side steps roof DVD system for the grand daughter. Mercedes SL500 for the summer. Vito Sport X for work. Gone to many to list but what larks

Post #516216 Sun Jan 29 2017 4:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1