RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Incontrol remote start and apps question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DavidHem

United Kingdom 
Incontrol remote start and apps question

I am a bit confused about the in control apps/remote start, does the owner have to instal a sim card for it to work, or is there a sim already?

My understanding is that there is a sim already in the car that allows it to work along with the Land Rover assist call button, and that the owner can insert another sim for internet access/traffic updates etc

Can anyone confirm that the incontrol remote start works without an owner installed sim? or am I off the mark, I don't pick my HSE Dynamic up until 1st March so I am trying to find out as much as possible.

Post #514715 Mon Jan 16 2017 7:39pm
andymc

United Kingdom 

Hi,

I picked up my car at the end of december. I've not installed any sim. I got an automatically generated email from LR saying I had an account set up for Incontrol.

Installed the app from apple store and it worked. SVR with a few bits from Urban and Glohh

Post #515016 Thu Jan 19 2017 1:18am
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

I do not know if it is a SIM Card or some other type of card, but, there is definitely some form of communication system built into the car.

I called LR Assist from my car when I got a puncture in the boonies. Call was answered promptly. They seemed to know instantly what my vehicle model and details were and where the car was located. I was even called back to inform me what time assistance would arrive! I did not have my mobile phone with me at the time. So it wasn't using my mobile phone for a connection. I assume the "Emergency" button works the same.

I believe the only reason for a user owned SIM to be installed is if an internet Hot Spot connection is required.

However, the car connects to LR Assist without any external communications required.

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #515049 Thu Jan 19 2017 12:36pm
DavidHem

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies, since looking into this more closely, there is a sim card built into the car for use with the remote apps etc and call assist, as mentioned, the owner installed sim card is just for car to be connected to the internet for map updates, hotspot wifi etc.

Post #515100 Thu Jan 19 2017 5:01pm
andymc

United Kingdom 

I have a slightly different question about the same app.

when I look at the pics / reviews and video's I see the 'remote start' button and also the <honk> button.

after installing the app - I don't get either of the above but I do see the rest of the functions.

not fussed about honking the horn but would love of press the 'remote start' button. Is this not standard? SVR with a few bits from Urban and Glohh

Post #515335 Sat Jan 21 2017 7:18pm
wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

i have the same question over the remote start... do you have to add the stupidly expensive option? GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #515783 Wed Jan 25 2017 10:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DavidHem

United Kingdom 

As far as I know, you should get access to the remote start etc for 3 years from new, and the subscription can then be renewed, andymc, I would contact LR support or go back to the dealer as you should have remote start.

Post #515844 Wed Jan 25 2017 5:27pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

andymc wrote:
I have a slightly different question about the same app.

when I look at the pics / reviews and video's I see the 'remote start' button and also the <honk> button.

after installing the app - I don't get either of the above but I do see the rest of the functions.

not fussed about honking the horn but would love of press the 'remote start' button. Is this not standard?

Only the MY17 has the engine start in the app.

The MY16.5 and before only had remote heat and no start unless you had the remote park heat upgrade at £1000 extra.

I actually have remote heat which doesn't start the car and engine start as I have the heater on MY17. Personally this was £1000 I didn't need to spend but this is the problem when you don't know what a MY17 will do when its first published.

I assume other MY17 owners cant set up daily warming and starting the car is probably a lot more fuel hungry than the fuel heater.

Post #515862 Wed Jan 25 2017 9:57pm
Hedders007

My car is a MY16, and I did order the Park Heater.
In his current weather, I can honestly say that it brings a smile to my face every time I use it. Sub zero temperatures in the morning - wake up and reach for my iPhone, start the Park Heater, and half an hour later climb into a cosy, warm, fully de-iced car with no effort, and all for just under 1.2% of the cost of the car....Almost priceless!
I do have to then put on the heated steering wheel manually!
H.

Post #515872 Wed Jan 25 2017 11:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1