RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Your favourite RRS feature?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

All of the above, and the fact you can drive thousands of miles on a trip in complete comfort and still go exploring into the unknowns as you go! A complete all round tool for the job and I couldn't think of anything else I would rather do it in, except maybe a Disco 4 for abit more space Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic45540.html 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #511263 Thu Dec 01 2016 9:10am
Cotty

United Kingdom 

Col wrote:
5.0L re-mapped S/C engine 560+ bhp and 750Nm torque. Twisted Evil Rolling with laughter

Cheers
Col

Col, who done the remap, and did you have the SC gear changed?

Post #511412 Fri Dec 02 2016 11:22pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Hi,

Alive Tuning did the re-map, also had them change s/c pulley at the same time to smaller one so boost comes in quicker.

Cheers
Col

Post #511417 Sat Dec 03 2016 12:22am
Cotty

United Kingdom 

Cheers.....I've been toying with the same idea, but the mapping world is a minefield.
Alive tuning has been recommended by someone else, but they are up in Louth, and I'm down South!
I know they have dealers over the UK, but my local one is mobile. Could he change the SC pulley on my drive? I guess I need to ring him.
Where was yours done?

Post #511439 Sat Dec 03 2016 3:19pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

hafman wrote:
Interesting that no one (including me) has mentioned things like the 3.5T towing capacity, fording ability, low ratio transfer box etc etc ... Embarassed

I did. I said it's effective off road and can tow heavy loads. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #511451 Sat Dec 03 2016 7:56pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Cotty wrote:
Cheers.....I've been toying with the same idea, but the mapping world is a minefield.
Alive tuning has been recommended by someone else, but they are up in Louth, and I'm down South!
I know they have dealers over the UK, but my local one is mobile. Could he change the SC pulley on my drive? I guess I need to ring him.
Where was yours done?

Actualy took mine to Alive at Louth and they did everything while I waited including Dyno run. If I remember right the pulley is a shrink fit not bolted so may have to be warmed up slightly to remove and refit.

You can buy a nosecone bearing kit assy. from L/R cheap enough at around 80.00 which includes a standard pulley and possibly have a machine shop remove and fit the smaller pulley then change the complete nosecone which is just bolted on. That way you would have the original bits if you wanted to revert back to standard, but believe me it would be very unlikely you would want to do that. Rolling with laughter

Cheers
Col.

Post #511468 Sat Dec 03 2016 11:21pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Adaptive cruise, forward alert and blind spot monitoring are the optional features I would miss the most if the next car didn't have them.

Standard features ... high driving position and comfortable long distance cruising. Love the fact that I can drive it all day without getting tired at all. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #511475 Sun Dec 04 2016 12:07am
Tvrprowler

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Adaptive Cruise for me too, and the comfort, you can cover 100's of miles in a day and not feel tired!!!

Post #511706 Wed Dec 07 2016 8:46am
ilard

United Kingdom 

Adaptive cruise (with forward alert) & surround cameras are probably my must haves, in that order. Followed by upgraded hifi and heated steering wheel.

I can't remember the last time I needed by heated screen! Remote heat is great but due to my low mileage I keep getting low battery warnings from it (mainly my overzealous security system texting me before I go out). Sunroof is must have for me BUT the wife won't let me open it. I am considering my options.

And definitely supercharged next time. No more diesel for me, thanks. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #511776 Wed Dec 07 2016 9:58pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I used my heated screen on Monday and Tuesday mornings to clear the ice whilst I sat inside. Warm air from the preheat (using the BAS FBHIC) blowing through the vents. Heated seats on. Lovely. Thumbs Up

Interested that you mention the supercharged next time. Same thoughts are going through my head at the moment. Whistle 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #511782 Wed Dec 07 2016 10:26pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Off Topic

ilard wrote:
Remote heat is great but due to my low mileage I keep getting low battery warnings from it

I used to get those warnings too until I bought a CTEK. Same reason: low usage during weekdays. A maintenance charger is worth every penny for these cars. Too many electronics and the standard batteries are not up to the job frankly. Even if the sole purpose of the charger is to ensure remote heating works when you need it, that's a good enough reason to get it IMHO. "Dad's taxi" was pre-warmed, all glass totally defrosted, ready for early Sunday morning duties while other cars on the street were covered in thick frost, one neighbour scraping ice and another waiting in the car while the heated windscreen did its job so he could drive away. Not an option for me due to always being in a rush Embarassed

Oh and I'm also thinking petrol next. Makes sense for my low ~10,000 miles pa plus everything else that is going on with diesels. Don't know what car though which is ok because not changing anytime soon. Still love my RRS. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #511785 Wed Dec 07 2016 10:43pm
Stecla

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Agree with all of the above, esp the heated screen. However, the auto dipping wing mirrors make parking an absolute doddle and are a brilliant feature for me.... 2010 TDV8

Post #511884 Fri Dec 09 2016 8:48am
Garry Mullin

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Adaptive cruise control for me. I read a study when I worked in the automotive design industry that showed that using an automatic gearbox over a manual decreases driver fatigue by over 10%. Having now completed some motorway trips in my RRS SC using the ADC whilst pootling along around 60 MPH and minimising lane changes, I think ADC is probably emiminating another 3/5% of fatigue. It all sounds marginal, but I do believe these things count for something.

Post #514857 Wed Jan 18 2017 4:02am
Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

The heated wheel/screen etc are all nice - but readily available on numerous other cars. What we keep coming back to is ability to travel hundreds of Km's in a day - and step out refreshed due to ride, vision, seat, and enough power. Then, take it off the beaten track without changing vehicle. And it does go off road well. And yes, low range does work and is used.
Then, back again onto blacktop, for effortless cruising. Not many vehicles can do that. And drive decently as well. Try a LC200 Landcruiser which is brilliant for reliability, power, goes anywhere - but is massive - and drives a bit like a truck. Or the smaller Prado (I think they are landcruisers in UK) which are similar size to RRS- super popular, super reliable, but in comparison under powered and don't handle as well. Most RRS owners I have met are drivers who enjoy driving, as opposed to people looking for transport to go from A to B. SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #514860 Wed Jan 18 2017 5:39am
W44NNE

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Well now I have one, I can answer my own question. The thing I like the most is the high driving position. Having driven cars for over 15 years, generally lowering my seat to the floor in all of them to aid as sporty drive as possible, that's all now gone out of the window. I even raise the suspension in car parks to look for empty spaces in the RRS Mr. Green

It's an older model, but I love it.

Post #514865 Wed Jan 18 2017 10:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>