RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > This interior is sublime .....JLR need to take serious note
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

wilf

The inside of the Panamera had better be nice, because the outside is still phugly. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #506572 Wed Sep 28 2016 7:12am
AB DYN

Andorra 

Hi fellow andman

Crowded enough already as it is ...

Bentayga interior is nice but it will take a long while to get used to the exterior Whistle .... I'll be definitely testing the 2018 Cayenne V8 diesel ... but it is never easy to sell Andorra registered cars ... if you have any suggestions there that would be Thumbs Up Thumbs Up SDV8 AB Dynamic Mariana Black

Post #506595 Wed Sep 28 2016 12:11pm
Netsters

England 

I'd have to agree. It's not the typical kick-a-brand, grass is greener type response that people are having, I think like me people truly love the idea of owning a RR, but we also know that the brand doesn't really value you as a customer because they don't feel they have to.

It is the same at any LR dealership in the country. Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #506612 Wed Sep 28 2016 3:44pm
LG8340

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Hi RRSman

I couldn't disagree more.

I've owned a string of porsches and am now an RRS owner for the past 5 years.
The sales and after-sales at Park Royal are appalling and don't come near that of Porsche.

If Range Rovers didn't sell themselves those guys st Park Royal would starve.

They are woefully inadequate in so many ways.

Worst of all is their inability to communicate. They seem to spend most of their time in management meetings. I've told them endlessly that meetings don't sell cars or satisfy customers. But their arrogance blinds them to reality. RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary
Gone: Evoque, Freelander 2, Mercedes 320 CLK, Porsche 911's

Post #506620 Wed Sep 28 2016 6:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IRBails

Australia 

I so agree with the above statement, when something is in demand it takes no sales skill. the issue is that most people buy this car for the fluff and not the substance, they are after the brand name. I mean how can you compare a salon car with a 4WD like what has been done in this thread. If you haven't purchased for the functionality then it is all about the badge, which is fine but means the dealer does not need to understand much about the vehicle besides colours and trim. It quite fascinates me that we seem to want info on brake caliper fade more than how the center diff works , Does the car have LSD , what types of oil are best for the different operating conditions and so on . The sport cannot compete with accessories with even a mid range Japanese car , my daughters new Liberty has more technology and functions than my Sport at one third the cost , but the liberty is not good off road, in the mud , towing my heavy trailer and exploring bush tracks . Let's start realizing this is a 4WD and not a car and life gets much better. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #506639 Wed Sep 28 2016 10:38pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

I for one never made any comparison between the two.... I simply pointed out how a beautifully finished interior should be
done ..... JLR rely on their brand name way too much It seems they have carte blanche to deliver mediocrity in so many departments .....
Porsche could never get away with it and certainly don't on the Cayenne ....

Simply for me ... that video just made me sit up , highlight some of JLR's deficiencies more than ever and think of switching stable ... be it the 911 ,the Panamera or Cayenne !! 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #506643 Wed Sep 28 2016 11:42pm
James @ LPR

United Kingdom 

LG8340 wrote:
Hi RRSman

I couldn't disagree more.

I've owned a string of porsches and am now an RRS owner for the past 5 years.
The sales and after-sales at Park Royal are appalling and don't come near that of Porsche.

If Range Rovers didn't sell themselves those guys st Park Royal would starve.

They are woefully inadequate in so many ways.

Worst of all is their inability to communicate. They seem to spend most of their time in management meetings. I've told them endlessly that meetings don't sell cars or satisfy customers. But their arrogance blinds them to reality.

Hi LG8340,

I thought that it would be appropriate to send you a quick note following your comments, which as you can appreciate make for disappointing reading.

I dare say that it may be a little too late, however I have recently joined the branch as General Manager and thought that I should offer the opportunity of a further discussion? Clearly my objective would be to repair your opinion of us.. If you would like to discuss further then feel free to send me an email to jamestayler@lookers.co.uk with your contact details.

From what I have read it would appear that you have had difficulties with both our sales and aftersales departments, and that you have attempted to raise these issues with either Matthew Gurney our JLR Sales Manager or David Leighton our Aftersales Manager.

I look forward to hearing from you.

James Thumbs Up

PS Anuj & Tim, many thanks for your business and also your kind words (Tim have you seen the new Discovery Cool )

Post #506673 Thu Sep 29 2016 1:45pm
LG8340

Hello James

Kind of you to send me a personal response.

If the past is anything to go by no amount of complaining will make any impact.

I've it before, again and again, that managers need to phone into Lookers posing as a secret shopper.

You will discover the true level of service that way. Most times the relevant person is either "away from his desk" or at a "managers meeting".

Seldom does a call back result and when it does it's not prompt.

Replies to emails are even more disappointing. Try for yourself and send a few emails in disguise. You may learn a lot.

There's a lot more to a dealership than a glass and steel building filled with over-priced cars that sell themselves.

If you question that check out Porsche on the A4. That's a PROPER DEALERSHIP and they sell over priced cars with style and service.

Yours

Michael Maia

Click image to enlarge
 RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary

Post #506674 Thu Sep 29 2016 2:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
James @ LPR

United Kingdom 

Many thanks again.

It may be no surprise that we carry out multiple mystery shops on a monthly basis via email, telephone and physical visit (video) with pleasing results when compared nationally and regionally. I am therefore keen to hear of your experiences and would be happy to call or meet to discuss.

Please feel free to send me an email with your contact details.

Regards,

James Thumbs Up

Post #506678 Thu Sep 29 2016 3:22pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

AB DYN wrote:
Hi fellow andman

Crowded enough already as it is ...

Bentayga interior is nice but it will take a long while to get used to the exterior Whistle .... I'll be definitely testing the 2018 Cayenne V8 diesel ... but it is never easy to sell Andorra registered cars ... if you have any suggestions there that would be Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I'm hoping the Bentayga will grow on me ... tbh I don't think it will it's pretty ugly ....lol

I managed to sell my last RRS privately .... but the trade in quote I got from Carles at Seuwagen was 25% more than the Pyrenees offered ..... He seems to be a straight up, eager and honest man .... any car business I do i'd always try him.... 2014.5 SDV6 AB Dynamic ... Fuji /Santorini Pan roof and 22's
2013 Porsche Boxster S 3.4
2014 Audi A3 S line Quattro
---------------------------------

Post #506788 Fri Sep 30 2016 3:48pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Quote:
PS Anuj & Tim, many thanks for your business and also your kind words (Tim have you seen the new Discovery Cool )

Not in the flesh James, but Jeremy J very kindly sent me some E brochures yesterday and I love it, especially the Silicone Siver First Edition. I would love the Namib Orange 1st Ed but feel either the contrast roof or the black wheels make it look odd at the rear ¾ view 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #506792 Fri Sep 30 2016 4:54pm
sagalout

gilford wrote:
The quality of Porsche interiors (and the rest of the car come to think of it) is very good, my Cayenne GTS feels much better than the RRS I test drove before finally pulling the trigger, and when you consider they are essentially the same price point that is shocking.

I guess the difference is, for the same price point the RRS has a lot of engineering that means it's actually capable off-road. Whether people use that is another matter of course, but perhaps explains where some of the money goes.

I've always found Porsche interiors typically fussy, dour and, well, German.

Post #507358 Sat Oct 08 2016 7:44pm
AB DYN

Andorra 

Thanks andman, I will definitely try Seuwagen when the time comes.
Just returned from a 2500 km trip and then the RRS is great Thumbs Up SDV8 AB Dynamic Mariana Black

Post #507815 Fri Oct 14 2016 12:36pm
LG8340

After watching the Panemera video all I can say is JLR have a lot of catching up to do on the electronics side and interior finishes and general functionality.

On the other hand the Porsche is 'nice from far but far from nice'. The RRS still

Click image to enlarge

has a presence that the Panemera can only wish for. RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary

Post #507816 Fri Oct 14 2016 1:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12