RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Panoramic Roof not fitted properly
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Feelingfoxy

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand
Panoramic Roof not fitted properly

I've had my sport for 18 months & for the last 6 months experienced large clanking noises throughout the car.

I then realised any noises were being amplified through the In car microphones.

After waiting 2 months for the car to get into the retailer I'm now told my roof wasn't bonded correctly- acceptable??

The dealer highly advised against giving my vehicle back & said it was a huge safety issue.

I have 2 babies, so this instantly got my back up as they knew for 2 months there was a fault .

I am reluctant to take the car back just on their say so..... Isn't this a huge Landrover issue supplying £75k faulty range rovers.

Can anyone offer any advise as to what they would do/ expect Range Rover to do?

Thanks

Post #505510 Thu Sep 15 2016 12:22pm
wilf

Replacement vehicle. The roof is a major structural element. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #505515 Thu Sep 15 2016 1:34pm
Feelingfoxy

Thank you. Any technical info I can chuck back at the garage, as they generally believe they are just bringing it back.

Post #505516 Thu Sep 15 2016 1:41pm
Triumph_Dave

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

wilf wrote:
Replacement vehicle. The roof is a major structural element.

Interesting as my vehicle does not have the roof window ( do not like them), what is in its place is a metal covering that is very flexible, to the point you can indent it by finger pressure, assume they must have fitted a rigid brace around the area to tie the structure and them simply infilled the area with a panel that has no structural rigidity.. D4 2012 Santorini Black gone
RRS 2013 Santorini HSE Black gone
MY2016 RRS HSE Dynamic arrived September, but will it stay.. maybe not.

Post #505519 Thu Sep 15 2016 2:43pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

wilf wrote:
Replacement vehicle. The roof is a major structural element.

After 18 months i don't think so. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #505521 Thu Sep 15 2016 3:07pm
Fletcher

England 

I think it was October 2015 the law changed to give customers a bit more clout in returning faulty goods , you can demand a full refund for a longer period of time . Also if your car is or was bought with any type of finance / credit you have the backing of the fso who will rule on weather something is fair or not .
Get to the dealer with all guns blazing and demand a full refund. I found out a few years ago that my local merc dealer was not keen on me driving the wife's merc through the large showroom window ( when shut ) on a Saturday morning and promptly fixed all issues with the car and returned it with a full tank of fuel and a large bouquet of flowers.

Post #505541 Thu Sep 15 2016 9:42pm
Feelingfoxy

Hi,

My car has been returned with a new roof.

the noise issue is now worse than it was & the sliding roof will not close.

The garage is refusing to take the car back as faulty, can anyone offer any advise please?

Post #505906 Tue Sep 20 2016 10:24am
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Give it them back again don't accept it back until your happy with the repair.

If they cant repair it and its 18 months old I expect the best you can get might be current value refund.

Either way the car should be right and that's the point I would be making in not accepting it back.

Someone else might know the system better but after 18 months I don't think you have many choices.

Post #505907 Tue Sep 20 2016 10:30am
Feelingfoxy

Thank you.
Its still in with them. I'd said I will not take it back, they said they will no accept the car back as a rejection.

To offer current value would be an absolute disgrace, its hardly no fault their product doesn't work.

Your input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Post #505908 Tue Sep 20 2016 10:39am
HemoRRS

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Theoreticaly you should still be able to reject the car.

Have you got any proof or anything in writing that says the roof wasn't bonded properly to the car?

Obviously this was done at point of manufacture thus proving the fault was there when you purchased.

As its over 30 days you have to give them chance to repair, which you have.

I'd contact Land Rover direct rather than the dealer, have a read up of your rights or contact CAB and write them a letter or email. If you do want to reject you have to stop using the car now.

Post #505911 Tue Sep 20 2016 11:40am
Feelingfoxy

Thank you.

The only proof I have is the garages word that it wasn't fitted properly & the fact they have physically replaced the roof.

I had an email explaining what they did after screaming for it.

Thanks

Post #505913 Tue Sep 20 2016 11:43am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Bad luck and sorry to hear of your problems.
Next steps to go with some of above is to Contact both the Trading Standard offices and Land Rover direct, also with a post on here on the LR representative replies too. Wink John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #505919 Tue Sep 20 2016 2:28pm
Fletcher

England 

The Consumer Rights Act covers all purchases from official traders from the beginning of October 2015, and not only gives car buyers more rights, it will also cover ‘services’, which include servicing, repairs and maintenance.

Replacing the Sale of Goods Act (and some other legislation), the new Act is wide-ranging and covers the sale of new and used cars, but retains the old act’s demand that all products must be:
Of satisfactory quality
Fit for purpose
As described
What’s new is that, if the product sold fails to meet one or more of those criteria, buyers are entitled to reject the product within the first 30 days of buying it. This ‘early right to reject’ replaces the previous rule, which said retailers only need to repair or replace a faulty item or part.

At the same time, the new act introduces another crucial difference: defining the time period in which buyers are entitled to a refund. Previously, this period was only ever defined as ‘reasonable time.’

If a defect is found after 30 days, but within six months, buyers are entitled to request a repair, replacement or refund. The law assumes that the fault was there at the time of delivery, unless the seller can prove it wasn’t.

However, the new legislation stipulates that dealers will have only one chance at repair or replacement – unless otherwise agreed. They cannot make repeated attempts to fix a problem; and, if they fail, buyers are entitled to a full or partial refund.

The law says that, in almost every case, there can be no reductions from any refund given in the first six months. However, cars are the one exception, when the seller is allowed to make a ‘reasonable’ reduction for the amount the car has been used.

There’s no legal reason that a buyer can’t seek redress for a fault after the first six months, but from that point, it’s up to them to prove that the fault was there at the time of delivery.

The Act applies to England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, but it should be noted that the Act only applies to cars bought from registered traders. If you buy a car from a private seller, you are not covered by this legislation, but by other laws.

Likewise, if you have any issues with a car purchased when the contract was signed before October 1st 2015, then that is still covered by the Sale of Goods Act.

Last edited by Fletcher on Tue Sep 20 2016 9:26pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #505960 Tue Sep 20 2016 9:17pm
Feelingfoxy

Good Evening,

Thank you VERY much for your very detailed reply.
The garage have said it was never fitted properly & there was a tiny gap letting in air.

The roof has been replaced but I assume incorrectly as now the sliding roof will not even close.

Thanks again.

Post #505962 Tue Sep 20 2016 9:23pm
Fletcher

England 

I realize it's easy for me to tell you what to do , but it's you that has to face them .
If I was you I would ask to see the dealer Principal and politely tell him that due to the fault with the roof from new ( manufacturing) and their attempt to fix your not happy with you have decided to ask for a full refund . You understand it's an inconvenience for them but you have made your decision and wish to stick to it .
Depending on his reply be firm and refuse a replacement telling them that you are covered under the sale of goods act and will be happy to consult trading standards to make sure you understand the laws correctly .
Failing that tell the jumped up twerp FLETCHER is on his way with the shotgun.

Post #505963 Tue Sep 20 2016 9:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>