Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2006 RRS 4.2SC WORKSHOP MANUAL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

TALL DAVE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey
2006 RRS 4.2SC WORKSHOP MANUAL

Hi All
Just bought my first RRS, I've had P38's for years and love them, I was hoping someone out there has a copy of the workshop manual on CD that I could buy or a link to a reputable seller
GREAT SITE
many thanks Very Happy

Post #504485 Sun Sep 04 2016 10:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Welcome along. You have a few options:

There is a an online copy of the Disco 3 manual (many similarities apart from the SC engine obviously) and you can find it on the stickies at the top of this sub-forum under a thread called 'definitive list of How Tos'. This thread sadly no longer gets updated so always worth searching the forum when you want a specific bit of guidance.

If you sign up for TOPIX and pay for a day's access you may be able to download the files although some on here say they can't (think it might be related to how you try to do it e.g. using Chrome browser and choosing print to pdf often works well)

There are knock-off copies of the manual available cheaply on CD on eBay which are mostly the same but all lacking Section 5 for some reason. Luckily the videos on YouTube posted by Powerful.co.uk cover many of the popular section 5 jobs.

I doubt if any of our members can email you a copy as the files are too big ('spose somebody could do it using 'sendbigfiles.com' but it is a bit of a faff). 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #504540 Mon Sep 05 2016 12:29pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I bought one of the online available CDs for less than a tenner. Doesn't have the bodywork section 5 but has electrical diagrams etc. It's password protected but a freely available tool broke that so I could copy it to my HD for quicker access. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #504555 Mon Sep 05 2016 3:09pm
TALL DAVE

Many thanks, I think I'll try the TOPIX route first

Paddi wrote:
Welcome along. You have a few options:

There is a an online copy of the Disco 3 manual (many similarities apart from the SC engine obviously) and you can find it on the stickies at the top of this sub-forum under a thread called 'definitive list of How Tos'. This thread sadly no longer gets updated so always worth searching the forum when you want a specific bit of guidance.

If you sign up for TOPIX and pay for a day's access you may be able to download the files although some on here say they can't (think it might be related to how you try to do it e.g. using Chrome browser and choosing print to pdf often works well)

There are knock-off copies of the manual available cheaply on CD on eBay which are mostly the same but all lacking Section 5 for some reason. Luckily the videos on YouTube posted by Powerful.co.uk cover many of the popular section 5 jobs.

I doubt if any of our members can email you a copy as the files are too big ('spose somebody could do it using 'sendbigfiles.com' but it is a bit of a faff).

Post #504583 Mon Sep 05 2016 5:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
woodsie

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Hi ,I bought one off ebay--sellers avatar a Black RRS--said to contain W/shop man l320 2005--2013--sellers details ray0098.
About £6, Arrived quickly,loaded up ok--but I've only briefly scanned through it and it seems to be a load of instructions for LR operatives,few pictures/diagrams and not really what I wanted.

Could be me though,not much good with computers.

Anyone found a better manual?or can tell me a bit about Topix?

Cheers

Chris.

Post #504942 Fri Sep 09 2016 4:33pm
RRSTDV8

The manual I bought is 5500 pages. Contains the owner's manual and then technical / workshop info for the major systems (e.g. descriptions of the gearbox and how it works followed by how to remove it and do various other related tasks). Electrical diagrams at the end. Each technical section includes symptom diagnosis notes and DTCs. It's pretty comprehensive. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #504949 Fri Sep 09 2016 5:01pm
TALL DAVE

Hi
Can you remember where you got it from?

Post #504964 Fri Sep 09 2016 8:08pm
RRSTDV8

Sorry, it's been a while. Just had a quick look and there are several on ebay which appear to be the same. A couple also claim to include bodywork which would be a good thing to have. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #505008 Sat Sep 10 2016 12:18pm
Paddi

woodsie wrote:
Hi ,I bought one off ebay--sellers avatar a Black RRS--said to contain W/shop man l320 2005--2013--sellers details ray0098.
About £6, Arrived quickly,loaded up ok--but I've only briefly scanned through it and it seems to be a load of instructions for LR operatives,few pictures/diagrams and not really what I wanted.

Could be me though,not much good with computers.

Anyone found a better manual?or can tell me a bit about Topix?

Cheers

Chris.

Looked at that seller's eBay ad and it states it is a 6000 page PDF so seems to be the usual version. What are you using to view it? Best way is to copy the whole file to the hard drive of a laptop and view it with latest version of Adobe reader. Should work on a tablet too. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #505009 Sat Sep 10 2016 12:23pm
TALL DAVE

Thanks Paddi
I'll be using both laptop and tablet, tablet under the car, laptop indoors when it's raining
Do you have the Ebayers ID
Cheers
Dave Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #505018 Sat Sep 10 2016 3:34pm
Paddi

Sorry - don't have a record of the seller I bought mine from but TBH think they are all selling the same thing mostly. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #505186 Mon Sep 12 2016 5:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1