RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Blackvue Overheat - SD card.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

PEACHY

England 
Blackvue Overheat - SD card.

Help please - Noticed when I got in the Sport on Monday pm the Blackvue was advising me of a fault with the SD card - the heat inside the RRS was unbearable - I've reformatted the card within the unit but now the power only comes on intermittently & doesn't stay on long - I believe it is due to the hot weather - anybody else suffering the same issue - the rear cam is showing power to it Thumbs Up but is only viewable via the front units software which seems to be Censored Big Cry

Thanks in advance Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Last edited by PEACHY on Tue Jul 26 2016 5:36pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #501319 Wed Jul 20 2016 10:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Louiscypher

2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bourneville

Sorry no. We've a Blackvue front and rear in 2 cars and they're fine. '10 RRS 5.0 SC
'13 Cayman S

Post #501320 Wed Jul 20 2016 10:15pm
PEACHY

England 

Thanks for the quick reply - I will stick the unit in the fridge overnight Whistle

I've turned the system off via the power save unit - this has cut the rear power as well - these things have a habit off righting themselves - I HOPE Rolling Eyes

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.

Post #501322 Wed Jul 20 2016 10:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My BlackVue is still sat on the 'test bench' at home, been waiting for the new firmware with increased bit rate. Will fit the thing when I'm not working...
Mini 0806 dash cam, however, has been behaving well in the heat.

Post #501324 Wed Jul 20 2016 10:31pm
PEACHY

England 

Any recommendations for a replacement SD card ?

Thanks again Bow down 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #501707 Tue Jul 26 2016 5:37pm
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have 64Gb Class 10 Lexar UHS-I 300x cards in both my BlackVue and Mini 0806 and both working perfectly. £15 or so from the online site with the same name as a famous South American river / rain forest!

There was a top 10 list for BlackVue compatible cards on one of the dashcamtalk forums, I think the Lexar was number 2. The number one slot went to a very expensive card that is also hard to get hold of, in the UK at least...

Post #501713 Tue Jul 26 2016 5:56pm
PEACHY

England 

^^^^^ thanks for the quick reply - I'm on it now - I feel naked without the dash cam Big Cry 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............

Post #501714 Tue Jul 26 2016 5:59pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Blackvue is very fussy. I ran a SanDisk 32GB in my Blackvue for about 3 years until it started giving me the annoying "Check SD card" error every few days. Reformatting it helped but only for a few days each time. I replaced it with the same card, exact same spec and 100% genuine. It too errors out after it fills up and has to cycle through the files and needs to overwrite the old ones. I got the SanDisk supplier to replace the SD card but the new one was the same. Both cards worked absolutely fine in the computer and other devices (not tried in a different dash cam though). I raised it with BV supprot and they said even though it is the same brand and type of card, the "internal spec" from SanDisk may have changed since my old one. They wanted me to only use their own supplied cards. They didn't even have a 32GB SDHC (BV 500 apparently doesn't recognise SDXC cards) on their website so they provided me a supplier's contact. He was selling them for 6 times the price I paid for SanDisk Rolling Eyes I just went back to using the 16GB card that came with the BV. Doesn't store a lot of footage but I was not prepared to throw more money at trial and error or spend too much on a specific brand. Especially as I may change to a different dual camera system at some point and then the BV card may not work with the new one! Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #501719 Tue Jul 26 2016 6:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1