RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Just can't get comfy!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

carbostar

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey
Pain in the butt

Starting to get several pain in the left butt cheek, I'm finding the seat just to hard, I tend to do lots of miles, generally ten hours at a time ,my previous RRS Hse was a dream to drive, this one just doesn't seam to hit the mark ? Regarding the comfort level very poor ,being an Autobiography I expected more not less, is there a retro fit softer seat option ?, I am aware there are other cars on the market, a genuine alternative would be nice. a womans rule of thumb:if it has tyres or testicles your going to have trouble with it

Post #463187 Fri May 29 2015 1:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pollawyn

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Cairns Blue
seat comfort

Laughing I find my 2006 SC superbly comfortable. Sadly my wife does not, she finds the seat too hard. Can anybody point me to a soft cushion that will fit the seat and keep my wife happy while I enjoy myself. past personal chariots
TVR S1, TVR Chimaera, Mercedes 500SL, all sadly missed but age demanded easier access.

Post #501096 Mon Jul 18 2016 9:06am
junior

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

You can buy a memory foam cushion that straps round the back of the seat to keep it in place from Halfords for about £30. I bought one originally for her to boost the height of the seat as she's only 5 foot odd, but then she magically found it cured her posterior problems as well. She affectionately calls it her "pile cushion"!

Post #501102 Mon Jul 18 2016 11:11am
grey17

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I realise this is a fairly old thread now but, I had the same problem for a while in my RRS. Right leg going almost dead but left leg very comfortable.

I've now gotten used to it or at least the muscles in my leg have. I think the combination of a slightly higher driving position demands a slightly more acute angle of your ankle when your heel is on the floor when compared to a normal road car.

Adding OEM floor mats helped massively as this has effectively raised the height of the floor to a more comfy position.

Tilting the seat base forward so when viewed in profile it has a much flatter aspect also helped a lot.

Ver comfortable now Smile

Post #501190 Tue Jul 19 2016 10:05am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I found that using the height, lumbar, side support and various other settings you can make adjustments to suit most conditions and thus preventing any pain, and discomfort. (Some settings may not be available on all models.) John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #501192 Tue Jul 19 2016 10:11am
Slim444

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ditto with what grey17 says about 'flattening' the seat base for increased comfort. Been messing with my seat for ages, think it's about as good as it's going to get- still nowhere near the comfort of the chairs in a Porsche Cayenne though ;-(

Post #501199 Tue Jul 19 2016 11:12am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Agreed. I have had back pain on the first long journey (3+ hours) on all 3 of my RRSs. Those were the best opportunities to adjust the seats and save the settings because I knew which area(s) were aching i.e. not properly supported. For me it was always cured by appropriately positioning and inflating lumbar support and side bolsters. Once corrected, I never had an issue even if I was in the car all day. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #501203 Tue Jul 19 2016 12:09pm
junior

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

90% of the reason I buy a car is the comfort due to being 6'1" tall and having a knackered back. The RRS suits me to a tee and the comfort behind the wheel is second to none; I can drive it all day. The only car that came anywhere close comfort-wise was a previous Nissan Qashqai believe it or not.

Post #501211 Tue Jul 19 2016 3:05pm
RichG

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Chawton White

I'm 6"1' as well, I find my RRS seats very comfortable and I've done some epic drives in this car including one stint driving with my brother for 27 hours straight! Top of Australia to the bottom. We were both ridiculously tired when we arrived back in Adelaide but not at all sore! Thumbs Up MY08 RRS TDV6, Chawton/Black, sunroof, hk, 268k km
2001 Audi A4 1.8T quattro 5mt sport, 340k km
1990 Nissan Pintara TRX, lots of mods, 438k km

Post #501335 Thu Jul 21 2016 7:46am
savi18

New Zealand 

When I bought my rrs took me 30 mins to get home and when I got out my back pain was terrible, I thought oh no not after 30 mins. Stuck with the car and after 12 months my back has now got used to it with no pain whatsoever now. Just have to mention my Rover75 is the most comfortable car I have drove and never ever had backache from day one of ownership.

Post #501869 Fri Jul 29 2016 9:53pm
Russben

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I thought it was just me who found it uncomfortable. Confused

It's probably the best it can be now after 3 years, but it still makes my lower back ache after a few hours driving. I find increasing the lumbar support is really uncomfortable and only makes it worse (it does on any car for me though) so I have that on absolute minimum setting.

Most comfortable car/seat I have driven was a Volvo V50 estate that I sat and drove around in for around 8 hours a day. Not an ache at all. I'm in the shed, I'll be back in the real world in a minute.

Post #502040 Tue Aug 02 2016 9:59pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

savi18 wrote:
When I bought my rrs took me 30 mins to get home and when I got out my back pain was terrible, I thought oh no not after 30 mins. Stuck with the car and after 12 months my back has now got used to it with no pain whatsoever now. Just have to mention my Rover75 is the most comfortable car I have drove and never ever had backache from day one of ownership.

I must agree with you re the Rover 75, I had the 2005 facelift CDTi Tourer model, the seats on that were like leather well padded armchairs, with seat heaters that did your lower back as well. They are also far wider than the seats in the RRS, more useful adjustments and the air lumbar various supports etc were great.
Don't get me wrong I love the RRS but my wife doesn't find it comfortable as the 75, and always gets leg pain on journeys longer than 40 minutes, just not the adjustments to give adequate support where needed, but for me I got the right support, could be because she isn't very tall. Embarassed John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #502047 Tue Aug 02 2016 10:45pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Did my longest driving stint in the current RRS today. Fine tuned lumbar and side bolsters early on and absolutely no tiredness or pain anywhere after completing 1,000 km. Different types of seats and suspension suit different people I guess. I'm 5'11". Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #503313 Sat Aug 20 2016 9:03pm
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

I looked at getting an E class estate, but the seats were terrible.

My daily drive now is an XC 60 R design. The seats are the beet I have ever had in 40 odd years of driving
This is one of the reasons my daily drive will be Volvo from now on Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #526932 Sat May 27 2017 9:30pm
savi18

New Zealand 

I had an E class too. Had it for 6 months and got rid as the back ache was terrible even with lumber support fitted. Very posh car when I bought it near new.

Post #526940 Sat May 27 2017 10:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>