RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Foward Alert
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jpegnall

United Kingdom 
Foward Alert

So, I like having this on - it has been surprisingly useful on a few occasions. My Mrs doesn't like it - which is fine, but I am car-King so it stays on.

However, over the three months we have had the car it has seemingly turned itself off two or three times. Has anyone else found this or has my Mrs gone beyond her normal technological capability and worked out how to turn it off (which she has denied and seems unlikely in any case)?

Post #499287 Thu Jun 23 2016 10:45am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I like it too but use it on the lowest distance setting i.e. 1 horizontal orange bar for city driving and 2 for higher speeds. Never turned itself off in my experience. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #499288 Thu Jun 23 2016 10:58am
wilf

Another "like" for it, it is a useful backup in case my concentration is lacking.

Never had mine turn itself off though. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #499289 Thu Jun 23 2016 11:09am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had it on my 2007 L320 TDv8 and it saved my life in dense fog one morning.................... Driving country lanes when visibility dropped to about 15m, warning light for forward alert started flashing so I reduced from very slow to walking pace and low and behold there in front of me was an unlit trailer being towed by an unlit tractor. OK so I was not going more than 15-20mph initially but had I run up the back of the trailer I think that roof would have been ripped off the car............... Along with the heated steering wheel that is the only other option that I wish I had my current car and will make sure that if I get to order a new RRS or D5 both will be on the spec list! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #499291 Thu Jun 23 2016 11:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Autobiography

It's one of my favourite features. Only time I've noticed it being switched off is when it's been in the dealer...

Post #499292 Thu Jun 23 2016 11:35am
ilard

United Kingdom 

Mine (old model) has only ever switched off by itself when the radar unit has been covered in snow. I am presuming it's not snowing in Surrey right now, but I won't rule it out! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #499306 Thu Jun 23 2016 2:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

But with the earlier version you would get the warning "Detector blocked" when that happened Ilard. Sounds like the South West Monsoon got diverted from Mumbai to London last night! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #499311 Thu Jun 23 2016 3:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 
Re: Foward Alert

jpegnall wrote:
So, I like having this on - it has been surprisingly useful on a few occasions. My Mrs doesn't like it - which is fine, but I am car-King so it stays on.

However, over the three months we have had the car it has seemingly turned itself off two or three times. Has anyone else found this or has my Mrs gone beyond her normal technological capability and worked out how to turn it off (which she has denied and seems unlikely in any case)?

If you hold down the button for 3 seconds it turns itself off. Hold it again for 3 seconds and it will turn back on. Sometimes when a scooter pulls up between me and the car in front at lights I press the button briefly to just turn off the bleeping. Perhaps you or Mrs J has held the button down for 3 seconds.

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #499339 Thu Jun 23 2016 7:28pm
wilf

Button? What button?

Are you sure you are not confusing parking aids with forward alert, which is a part of the adaptive cruise control system? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

Post #499345 Thu Jun 23 2016 8:48pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Button? What button?

Are you sure you are not confusing parking aids with forward alert, which is a part of the adaptive cruise control system?

Oops. Sorry - yes. I got the two things confused Sad

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #499365 Fri Jun 24 2016 6:07am
wilf

No problem, these are bl**dy complicated cars! MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

Post #499372 Fri Jun 24 2016 8:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1