RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2015MY cold centre cubby box
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
2015MY cold centre cubby box

Last two days I have spent driving from Central Scotland to the West Country and the weather has been very nice all the way, driving into the sun, and required me to reduce the setting of my Climate Control down to 18.5. I don't have the chilled cubby box option in my HSE Dynamic but it appears that the cubby may still be air conditioned as my glasses, a pack of sandwiches and my mobile phone have been been very cold to touch at the end of both of the journeys. Normally I run with the climate set at 19 for hot Scottish days or 20 and have never noticed the cubby box get cold - could I be imagining it or does the rear Aircon get ducted close to cubby box close enough to chill it as well as cool the rear passengers? I haven't checked if the rear vents are open or closed to see if that makes any difference and I was travelling on my own, no passengers. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #495874 Fri May 13 2016 5:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I thought the refridgerated centre armrest was standard on that model, has small switch at front, was on mine, but might have changed. My Climate is always at 16c as anything much warmer I find uncomfortable, wifey has hers about 3c higher though. Smile The vents for the rear passengers are at back of the cubby box., so could contribute to this? John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #495933 Sat May 14 2016 12:18am
AJ1

Australia 

Hey Tim,

Neither do I have the centre console fridge, however I've definitely noticed a very cold space down there after a journey (of at least half an hour) with ac set around my everyday normal of 21.5. The Outside temp here in Queensland Australia requires the ac on generally constantly. MY 14.5 SE SDV6 Loire Blue. Silver roof. 22's.

Post #495935 Sat May 14 2016 12:45am
Tim in Scotland

Johnski, my last RRS had a refrigerated cubby as standard but 2015MY it was an option. I have no switch on the lip of the cubby box like my 2007 TDv8 had. BTW do you have icicles inside the car? I get an icy blast from my vents at setting 18.5 so 16 must be like outside on a cold winter's day!

AJ1, just what I found and I run all the time in the UK with the Climate in "auto" and usually at setting 20 which is just pleasant most of the time. I find that closing the blind for the pano roof and the privacy glass means I don't use the colder temperature settings maybe as much as some, I also have a body colored roof on my car as I found that on my last car with a contrast roof and Pano roof the roof get too hot to touch on the few really hot days we get and that heat got transferred into the cabin through the glass. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #495942 Sat May 14 2016 7:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Fletcher

England 

Tim . I thought you were tougher up north . 🌺 (Pansy)

Post #495959 Sat May 14 2016 10:44am
ExpatPom

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Fuji White

I've found the same. Pretty sure I don't have the fridge but the centre box does seem to cool regardless. MY15.5 Fuji White, SDV8 HSE Dyn Stealth Pack
Gone: MY14 Fuji White, 3.0 TDV6 SE
Gone: MY10 Stornoway Grey, 3.0 TDV6

Post #495961 Sat May 14 2016 10:57am
Tim in Scotland

Fletcher wrote:
Tim . I thought you were tougher up north . 🌺 (Pansy)

One thing I miss from my last 4 cars that I couldn't spec on tyhis car because I purchased dealer stock that hadn't been built but was building 2 days after I signed the dotted line, is the heated steering wheel. That and the heated seats in the winter are real luxury and my Jeep and Audi Q5/Q7 owning friends wish that they could spec the heated steering wheel but couldn't when they ordered their cars.............. Might be pansy but us sassanachs who have crossed the border and taken up residence in God's Own Country still like our creature comforts! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #495970 Sat May 14 2016 2:18pm
Fletcher

England 

Agreed I wouldn't be without the heated seats and steering wheel .👍🏻

Post #496005 Sat May 14 2016 7:49pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I completely forget to use the heated steering wheel....and don't use the heated seats as it takes epochs before the menu is available for these, by which time the remote heating has got the cabin up to temp anyway. Cooled seats are pretty cool! Very useful when mid European temps are plus 30deg c.
But what I would never not specify is Blind Spot monitoring ...it almost should be a mandatory fitment. When a car is approaching on the blind spot, indicators illuminate on the wing mirrors. Great safety accessory especially for motorway driving.

Post #496021 Sat May 14 2016 10:03pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

Thankfully now you can use a mechanical button / dial immediately Smile

Post #497062 Thu May 26 2016 11:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1