Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

MafroSVR

United States 

cantona? Pics yet?

Post #494490 Tue Apr 26 2016 6:14pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Nightmare f***ing scenario today, 3 weeks in. Waiting at a roundabout, BANG. Young kid drove into my back. Given the quite big thud there is surprisingly little damage to the actual bumper, just light scratches. Main issue is that one of the right tail pipes has been bent around the edges. Think that might have taken the main impact. F***ing livid right now. Looking at his b**tard phone no doubt. Guy Salmon say to keep the warranty in tact I need to replace the whole back bumper as the cross bar could be damaged at the point of impact and the whole right hand exhaust pipe? Seems bloody overkill to me???

Post #494615 Wed Apr 27 2016 9:28pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear that I hope he had insurance.

I can only imagine how your feeling right now.

Post #494633 Thu Apr 28 2016 12:10am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sorry to read of your incident.
I would suggest that what Guy Salmon's bodywork staff are telling you is that they don't have faith in their staff to remove the rear bumper and replace it without damaging it so it is easier for them to just order a full replacement and let their guys just rip off the old one..................... The other thought is also that their attitude is "the other party's insurer will be paying so let's rip them off............." Of course the other reason for ordering up a full replacement is that if they find that the less visible parts of the bumper are damaged then you won't have to wait a week while a replacement comes from the factory, gets resprayed and then they call you back to fit it. They will also be under pressure from the insurers to minimize the labour cost........... I just hope the lad who hit your car had some form of insurance............. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #494642 Thu Apr 28 2016 8:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilf

I can truly sympathise as someone's "parked" car rolled into the rear quarter of mine when mine was properly parked on Tuesday.

Just got back from the bodyshop - new rear wing/quarter panel, new bumper and lower moulding (apparently they are all welded as one unit these days). Over £3k!

At least two weeks in the bodyshop, bl**dy nuisance and in a car just 4 months old! MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #494652 Thu Apr 28 2016 10:12am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the messages of support!
Going to find out why they cannot just remove the bumper and check for damage first? The scratches are so small I think they will just polish out. If the cross bar under the bumper is okay all it needs is new right hand exhaust pipes? The f***ers love to make a meal out of everything, gave them £100k a few weeks ago!

Post #494654 Thu Apr 28 2016 10:24am
MafroSVR

United States 

Cantona wrote:
Nightmare f***ing scenario today, 3 weeks in. Waiting at a roundabout, BANG. Young kid drove into my back. Given the quite big thud there is surprisingly little damage to the actual bumper, just light scratches. Main issue is that one of the right tail pipes has been bent around the edges. Think that might have taken the main impact. F***ing livid right now. Looking at his b**tard phone no doubt. Guy Salmon say to keep the warranty in tact I need to replace the whole back bumper as the cross bar could be damaged at the point of impact and the whole right hand exhaust pipe? Seems bloody overkill to me???

So sorry to hear the news Cantona. I had a recent event back in December where my car was joyridden by the staff of the JW Marriott in NYC> They scratched my drivers side door and blew out all front speakers. Not to mention got the inside of my car dirty. Fortunately, the scratch came out and the speakers were replaced by the hotel, so all fared well.

I hope you get everything addressed the proper way. Good luck and keep up updated!

Post #494683 Thu Apr 28 2016 3:42pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Thanks Mafro. What a nightmare you had Surprised

Post #494684 Thu Apr 28 2016 3:45pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Looking forward to getting this off my chest.. What a bunch of total shysters Guy Salmon are, lost all respect for the company today. So, they quoted me £3850.00 for the work, said it needed a new right hand exhaust system, new back bumper + total re-spray of the back bumper (to sort out the 3 tiny, tiny scratches that you almost need a f***ing magnifing glass to see). Had the underneath independently checked today, no damage in the slightest to anywhere other than what I can see on the surface (ie. the above mentioned scratches that I can get sorted for fifty odd quid and the slight bent ridge on one of the exhaust pipes that I am confident that my dent man will be able to sort out next week, again for about fifty odd quid).

My next car won't be a Range Rover, the company can get to f**k.

Post #494747 Fri Apr 29 2016 8:05pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Surely most of us that drive these vehicles have full cover against uninsured drivers, and protected no claims?
It was standard on my insurance. (UK).
Really sorry about what has happened to your car Cantona, hope no injury to you, but know it's a horrid thing when your pride and joy gets hit by someone. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #494758 Fri Apr 29 2016 10:25pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

So was he not insured? Why is it your problem? 

Post #494763 Fri Apr 29 2016 10:45pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Several posts were mentioning hoping he was insured, (the toe rag that hit him) generally now I thought most were covered for this. Just worth checking when things like this happen, no other reason. Not my problem, but prevention is better than cure with policies, if not realised. Confused John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #494764 Fri Apr 29 2016 10:48pm

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear of your problem but if it was mine I would want it back to factory fresh and if it cost the little 5h1t or his insurance a fortune then tough - that's what insurance is for.

Had a similar problem a few years back when some slapper texting on a mobile reversed into my 10 day old FL2 whilst parked. Only a minor mark on my front bumper. Dealer/insurance replaced the bumper and parking sensors, a weeks hire on another FL, cost her insurance over £3k. Hopefully thought her not to text whilst driving. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #494765 Fri Apr 29 2016 11:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cantona

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:
So was he not insured? Why is it your problem?

He was insured, that's not the issue.
The issue is why the f**k Guy Salmon want to charge nearly £4K for doing something that in reality is going to cost about £100!! They are a bunch of f***ing con artists. Given I've just handed them a cheque for £100,000 it is pretty poor in my book. Surely you diagnose exactly what the problem is before quoting somebody a price for doing a job? Its no different to a "cowboy builders" scenario!

Post #494770 Sat Apr 30 2016 9:45am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Does the insurer not require 3 quotes before they will allow the repairs to go ahead? I know 99.99% of us would want the repairs to our cars to be done by an LR approved repair centre. Have you asked GS why their quote is so expensive when there appear to be no damaged parts to repair and only some small scratches to smooth and repaint. When my front bumper was damaged earlier this year my local dealer went out of their way to reduce the amount of repair to be done and were honest that they could save a lot of time/labour by just ordering a new bumper and all the trims but they thought that they could get away with using a sander and repaint. The finished job is undetectable and I ended up with a bill for £180 instead of >£600! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #494771 Sat Apr 30 2016 10:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>